Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2022, 07:18 AM   #1

Question Satellite Hookup 2022 Palomino 388FK

I have hooked up my Dish Tailgater to the Satellite hookup where the Nautilus water distribution system is at and have hooked up everything inside correctly (as I did with my previous FR 5th wheel), and it does not find the satellite signal. Is there something I'm missing with this new Columbus?
FLYNN4066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:38 AM   #2

There could be several things stopping the box/dish from finding the signal. I would start first with ensuring that the outside sat connection and the inside connection to the sat box are the same and wires haven't been crossed somewhere. Make sure nothing is blocking the dish antenna and it is level with either the coax connection or handle (if you have one) pointing due north. good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:04 PM   #3

Also make sure that you have solid connections and I do know from personal experience Stay away from Splitters
5 stars
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
There could be several things stopping the box/dish from finding the signal. I would start first with ensuring that the outside sat connection and the inside connection to the sat box are the same and wires haven't been crossed somewhere. Make sure nothing is blocking the dish antenna and it is level with either the coax connection or handle (if you have one) pointing due north. good luck
You are spot on! I had the exact same issue, and removed the outdoor hookup and saw an orange wire connected to the satellite in connection, and on the inside connector marked satellite, it was a black wire. The orange wire was there but was on a different connection. After switching those around all worked perfectly.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNN4066 View Post
I have hooked up my Dish Tailgater to the Satellite hookup where the Nautilus water distribution system is at and have hooked up everything inside correctly (as I did with my previous FR 5th wheel), and it does not find the satellite signal. Is there something I'm missing with this new Columbus?
I can't even find my satellite hookup. That was the first place I looked. I found the cable hook up in the compartment by the door, but I have checked every door on the outside of my camper and I cannot find the satellite hookup anywhere.
StephenH63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, palomino, satellite