Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #1

Solaire issues...

We bought a 2013 25bhss in march. I loved this camper, but right now it's frustrating.

Issue one: when buying a camper I normally would just sit on the toilet to check for legroom. Why would I bother putting the seat up to see if it stays?well it doesnt! The wall behind toilet turns 45 degrees and the seat hits it at probably. 85% open, how the guy installing it doesn't check that is beyond me.

Issue 2: I took a shower in it last weekend, when I got out there was water halfway out the living area! Best I can tell the tub must be tipped the wrong way( and yes my camper was level).

Issue 3: the slide leaks, it damaged the cupboard above the sofa, I then learned the were three large areas that appeared to have no calk on the roof of slide.

Issue 4: the pitch on the slide is waaay to much. A full bubble on a two foot level! When you run your finger from the top of slide behind the wood trim on inside of camper it goes from barely fitting a finger at top to almost two inch gap at the bottom!! Plus on the outside all four supporting cables make a smiley face they are so loose!!

Issue5: the tv is mounted to low. The only way to access the dc plug, power boost button, and cable ports is to remove tv from the mount!! That's absurd.

I'm feeling red faced with the wife currently, it took me all winter to persuade her for us to trade in our 2 yr old hybrid for this new and much bigger TT. now we have all these issues and the camper is at the dealer instead of home for us to enjoy. In my opinion ALL of these issues are quality control issues that should have been avoided. I love this camper , I just want it to be what it can be!! Crossing my fingers my dealer makes it right before the 13 th of June for our next trip!!
Antler man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #2

Boy, does this sound familiar................. Can you look at the picture on the "Looking for SolAire owners help" thread? Does your slide look the same way? Our TT were likely built at the same time, we took delivery the same time. Ours is a 269 bhdsk Eclipse that also has a washroom that doesnt layout well, storage door opens halfway and then hits toilet, the front "cap" has clearcoat worn off, the slide screws broke on the kitchen slide and drove itself off the wall, the dining room table screws are stripped, slides leak like crazy, trim pieces falling off, front storage compartments leak, and the list goes on. My dealer is working on some issues, but the major ones they are going to have to fix at the factory.

ThxD
Fish guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

Where is that thread? I got a call from my dealer today, they fixed everything but the slide, they say its a. MAJOR issue
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #4

Discussion > Palomino > Looking for SolAire owners help.

This is were mine leaks,

ThxD
Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #5

Ok found it. That doesn't look familiar, I haven't had my camper long enough to really look at it. My leak turned out to be a caulking issue, however the slide is not good. The bottom of slide does not extend the last 2 inches or so. It's wicked unlevel and my dealer said it can't be adjusted. He's waiting for a phone call back from an engineer from Forrest river. Sending my camper back to the factory in the middle of camping season will be unacceptable. And if that is the case somebody from that company is going to have a bad day, as well as someone from my dealer. We pay a lot of money for these campers not to be able to enjoy them fully for the short camping season......forgot to mention my dealer has fixed all my other issues except for the slide.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #6

Ya, agreed. I am going to use this one through the season and they are getting it back in October (they put some sealer to stop the leak for now. I forgot to mention, I can see through were my main slide "seals" along the side. last camping trip i chuckled to myself when i realized I could see my kids outside while I was inspecting this gap in the seal.......
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #7

Yikes!! That sucks man. Hope everything works out for ya, I'm holding my breath on this slide issue.... Hope I don't regret this purchase... I love the thing, I just want it to be right. Good luck man, I will update on here with the slide issue and any others that may arise.....
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #8

Much appreciated! Good luck to you as well! ttyl
Old 06-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #9

Never in my life have experienced customer service like I did today. I will never give this dealer a recommendation to a friend. In fact after this whole mess gets cleared up, I will publicly and privately bash them every chance I get. Having said that, I talked to a guy named Kim at Forrest river today, he was sympathetic, apologetic , sincere, and most of all reassuring. It's people like him that made me choose palomino a second time around. Kudos to Forrest river for standing behind there product and treating me right!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #10

That's one place I was lucky. We have a local palomino dealer that is terrible, but I bought this unit from my next closest dealer, and he has been awesome, and I know they have my back. I too have had dealings with Kim and I he has been reassuring. I told him many times I appreciate them standing behind their products, but some simple quality control in most cases would be more effective. I hope they get your issues fixed, feel free to pm me if you have any questions,

ThxD
Old 06-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #11

Thanks bud. I've exhausted the camper issue today. I'm tired of talkin about it. Maybe one if these days I will fill u in in my dealer experience today lol.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #12

So here I sit at Watkins glen state park bunking with friends because my 2013 solaire 25bhss has been torn apart since may 26th. The short story is there has been an engineering defect discovered that has affected 6 of these units nation wide. To palominos credit they have granted me a new unit. My dealer is going through a new one for us this wknd. Holding my breath this nightmare ends soon. Not a fan of paying 240 a month for this bs.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
Texas

I really like the Solaire!! But yall have me freaked out right now. After looking a several different TTs, we decided on the 209BH. No slide, because the last TT had slide problems. If you could do it again would you go with Solaire?
Deer Camp RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #14

Hey Antler man, is this defect just with the 25bhss? Or should there be something I should look at on mine? Hope it all gets sorted out for you tho, IMO they owe you more than just a new unit!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish guy View Post
Hey Antler man, is this defect just with the 25bhss? Or should there be something I should look at on mine? Hope it all gets sorted out for you tho, IMO they owe you more than just a new unit!
As far as I know it's just on some 2013 25bhss units. I'm not going to pass judgement on palomino or Forrest river just yet. I'm supposed to be getting a new unit. When it's hooked to my truck I will take a deep breath..... Stay tuned for further updates. Side note, there are plenty of happy solaire owners out there. Search palomino on FACEBOOK.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
MI Camperz

Before you take delivery, here's a checklist that may help. I like this one b/c it includes a list of things to take with you on your inspection.
Good luck. Your story makes me upset.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Before you take delivery, here's a checklist that may help. I like this one b/c it includes a list of things to take with you on your inspection.
Good luck. Your story makes me upset.
Thanks. Don't worry, just in the short time I've had my first TT I've learned a lot!!! I'm much more educated on these things now!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
MI Camperz

Duh....I forgot to actually attach it. I bet you are prepared second time around, but may help others. I started a thread for it too.

RV Inspection Checklist
Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Duh....I forgot to actually attach it. I bet you are prepared second time around, but may help others. I started a thread for it too.

RV Inspection Checklist
Haha. I was waiting for it
Old 06-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #20

Our dealer and Forest River bought our 2013 Solaire 297rds back from us. We no longer
own it. It took an additional 45 days to convince them we had enough. We never
threaten to sue or get a lawyer. This was our third Forest River product,
Very happy with the first 2 but never again will we buy another Forest
River product. They lack of quality control and the tendency to pass the buck
to the dealer. Fortunately we had a dealer willing to help us out of this
awful experience.
redpookey is offline   Reply With Quote