Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
Are we there yet.......

To all 36QBOK owners.....

I have a 2014 36QBOk-7. As I wash my 5er a few times a year I noticed a hairline crack in the rear fiberglass of the main wall. Not thinking to much about it I went on washing. This list wash now has me very concerned. The hairline crack is now a thumb nail wide crack and also on both side of the unit...... If your having trouble trying to think where I'm speaking of if your standing in front or your outside kitchen look at the small section that is from the kitchen slide to the rear of the 5er. That corner at the top is the crack. Same location on the other slide as well. If I were a guessing man I would say the rear jacks is the cause of this issue. Thoughts?
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
Always Learning

My first thought is, don't wash it! See what that causes?! Sorry, bad time for a joke.

And I'm dumb- I still can't see were you're talking. Can you take and post a pic?
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
Are we there yet.......

Sorry it took so long to get pics posted. IMG_4411.jpeg IMG_4983.jpeg IMG_8322.jpeg IMG_9142.jpeg.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
Are we there yet.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1454298762.440299.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	98716Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1454298780.225782.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	98717Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1454298795.793469.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	98718Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1454298819.883002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	98719
Old 01-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post
I have a 2014 36QBOk-7. As I wash my 5er a few times a year I noticed a hairline crack in the rear fiberglass of the main wall. Not thinking to much about it I went on washing. This list wash now has me very concerned. The hairline crack is now a thumb nail wide crack and also on both side of the unit...... If your having trouble trying to think where I'm speaking of if your standing in front or your outside kitchen look at the small section that is from the kitchen slide to the rear of the 5er. That corner at the top is the crack. Same location on the other slide as well. If I were a guessing man I would say the rear jacks is the cause of this issue. Thoughts?

That appears to be a anchor strip for the slide topper not installed. The slide side wall cut out has been working and the failure has propagated from the slide cutout to screw holes securing the strip. Hopefully you have extended warranty, it needs to be repaired both sides.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:29 PM   #6
Oklahoma Proud

I would watch the crack as i ran the rear stabs up and down, but honestly i doubt it is caused from them. They would put stress further forward on the unit.

I would venture a guess that the pressure exerted on the top of the wall by the slide as it finished the extend cycle is what is causing it.
This would be easily verified by extending the slide out and watching the crack.

Either way, there is not going to be a good fix if this area is flexing. The best thing at this point would be to just put a nice bead of flexible seam sealer over the crack and just use the crack as an expansion joint. Any other fix other than a new sheet of filon won't hold up and will probably make it look even worse.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote