Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
I have used chocks similar to those on my previous fiver. They helped a little, but did not eliminate the bounce inside the trailer. The best are the bars that mount between the frame and front and rear landing gear. There are a few brands available.
Here is but one make: JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers
If you put those on will it void the warranty on the frame??? We have the 1 year and then an additional 4 with cornerstone that was in the deal. I am not feeling much movement. We do have an X chock and I find that helps with movement.

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #22

Not only is the frame of your Columbus made by Lippert, they also make JT's Strong Arm Stabilizers.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #23

will look into that............... going to play with the stereo and second satellite in the bedroom. Was very hot in there without AC running. Damn camp host (docked at home) is too cheap to install a 50 or even a 30 amp outlet!!!! So when we go on our maiden voyage this weekend we will try it!!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #24

We've spent 4 nites in our 320RS. Some suggestions:
1) Read the manual(s) on the Toshiba TV and Panasonic stereo set up. Took me some time to figure out how to play my iPod through the system. Still learning! Sound system is killer!
2) If you plan on using the sleeper sofa, you might consider a memory foam mattress pad as that thing is HARD!. My daughter and husband slept on it last night. We couldn't get the queen size sheets to fit. Going to have to figure out which to use.
3) We should have popped for the upgraded mattress. We did get a King size bed, but we'll be installing a foam topper on that, too.
4) I made labels for many of the switches in the control panel. As you can imagine once you see all of the switches in there, WOW.
5) Read the manual on the thermostat. It's digital and programable. It's twice as complicated with two AC's.
6) My slides were noisy so I used a "dry slide lube" on the gears and some silicone spray on the guides. Made a world of difference.
7) We'll be modifying the two windows on the bedroom slide as we like it DARK.
It tows great, especially with the upgraded pin hitch. It's comfortable inside. Our 60# dog has the whole couch to herself as we looooounge in our recliners. LOVE the shower! Looking forward to years of enjoyment, and really looking forward to heading out to the mountains of NC in two weeks to go trout fishing on my favorite stream.
Prodigy
Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
We've spent 4 nites in our 320RS. Some suggestions:
1) Read the manual(s) on the Toshiba TV and Panasonic stereo set up. Took me some time to figure out how to play my iPod through the system. Still learning! Sound system is killer!
2) If you plan on using the sleeper sofa, you might consider a memory foam mattress pad as that thing is HARD!. My daughter and husband slept on it last night. We couldn't get the queen size sheets to fit. Going to have to figure out which to use.
3) We should have popped for the upgraded mattress. We did get a King size bed, but we'll be installing a foam topper on that, too.
4) I made labels for many of the switches in the control panel. As you can imagine once you see all of the switches in there, WOW.
5) Read the manual on the thermostat. It's digital and programable. It's twice as complicated with two AC's.
6) My slides were noisy so I used a "dry slide lube" on the gears and some silicone spray on the guides. Made a world of difference.
7) We'll be modifying the two windows on the bedroom slide as we like it DARK.
It tows great, especially with the upgraded pin hitch. It's comfortable inside. Our 60# dog has the whole couch to herself as we looooounge in our recliners. LOVE the shower! Looking forward to years of enjoyment, and really looking forward to heading out to the mountains of NC in two weeks to go trout fishing on my favorite stream.
Thanks.................... plan on reading this weekend when we go out for the first time. DRY SLIDE LUBE???? confused here. Please explain or give me a name brand. I put room darkening curtains in the big window in the bedroom. May put them in the small windows. Haven't decided yet. Can't wait til Friday!!! Hauls like a dream!!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #26

Amxpress and Earth Station,

I love this place! Thanks for sharing! My PDI list grows!

We did upgrade the king mattress. After I saw the standard at the factory, I knew we would want a little more. Kind of - pay now or pay later.

I've got my label maker ready to go! Sounds like you guys are having fun...trying to be patient here. Off to find some dry slide lube..."Google" is my friend!
Jo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #27

If you have a Fleetpride (AutoZone for big diesel trucks and heavy equipment) in your area they carry a good spray slide lube. They also carry filters and oil for our smaller diesel trucks at a very good price.

I have the JT Strongarm stabilizers. I highly recommend some type of stabilizers, any of them are worthwhile investments to stop the shaking.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #28

Here's the slide lube I have used on both of my fivers. It works well:
Protect All Inc - Protect All Slide-Out Dry Lube Protectant - 40003 - Slideouts & Storage Bays - Camping World
Prodigy

Tags
320rs