Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2019, 01:28 PM   #1

TV size restrictions on a Puma 32bhdb

Hello all,

Just ordered a 2019 Puma 32bhdb with a full outside kitchen. Having trouble finding the dimensions for how large of a flat screen tv that can be utilized in the tv cabinet for living area and in the bunkroom under the bunkbed.

The dealer I ordered from doesn't have any units in stock to measure unfortunately. I know I can wait until the unit arrives in March, but I'd like to take advantage of the great deals retailers offer on tv's before the Super Bowl to possibly save some cash!!

From what I've gathered, I "think" the largest I can utilize in the living area is a 39" class flat screen, but don't have any idea on the bunkroom.

Anyone have this model or a similar Puma layout that can offer any insight on this?

Thanks in advance for any help offered!! Happy camping!

Kris
Old 02-16-2019, 08:40 PM   #2

Ok, so starting to get excited now, as my new Puma arrived at the dealer this week! Had to go check it out and take some measurements!! LOL

Anyways, I ended up answering my own question about the tv size restrictions and thought I would post them here in case anyone was wondering.

On the 2019 Puma 32bhdb model, the living room entertainment center tv opening dimensions are 39.5"W x 32"T x 8"Deep. So, long story short, most new 40" flat screen tv's will fit, but barely. Personally I don't like the "look" of a 40" tv in there as it's a tight fit width wise and I will opt for a 32" instead, as it looks cleaner.

Now, in the bunkroom, the tv area measures 37.5"W x 25"T x 12"Deep. Again a 40" flat screen will fit, but it completely fills the opening. Again I'll opt for a 32" for a cleaner look and not too gawdy, lol.

Can't wait for camping season to get here in Indiana!!
Old 02-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #3

TV size is diagonal, not width and height. What size TV will fit depends on the frame width. When shopping, check the TV size and the cabinet measurements. On our old Winnebago we were able to go up in TV size by checking the cabinet measurements and getting a thin frame.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMor View Post
TV size is diagonal, not width and height. What size TV will fit depends on the frame width. When shopping, check the TV size and the cabinet measurements. On our old Winnebago we were able to go up in TV size by checking the cabinet measurements and getting a thin frame.

Frank
Yep, that's why I went on Best Buys website and found the specifications for the 40" Samsung I was contemplating.

Product width 36"
Product height 23.8"
Product depth 8.2" w/stand, 2.3" w/o stand.

So it would go, but not by much!
Old 11-16-2020, 10:20 PM   #5

I have a 2021 32BHDB on order. What size TV do you think would work for the front master?
Ours will have the smaller outside kitchen. So we'll have 3 permanent bunks. Any guesses what size TV would fit above the rear window in the bunkhouse?

Thanks!
Jeremy626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy626 View Post
I have a 2021 32BHDB on order. What size TV do you think would work for the front master?
Ours will have the smaller outside kitchen. So we'll have 3 permanent bunks. Any guesses what size TV would fit above the rear window in the bunkhouse?

Thanks!
Hey Jeremy,

Congrats on your new Puma 32BHDB!! I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours!!

Anyways, after looking at the 2021 model, it appears that the front master tv location is the same as mine (on the backside wall of the shower). The area for mounting isn't very big there. Personally I wouldn't go any bigger than a 24" tv mounted there.

As far as the bunkhouse, it looks to be a totally different setup than what we have, as my tv goes in a tv console area below the bunk bed, so it doesn't mount above the window. I would hate to venture a guess on how big of a tv will fit in your setup. Sorry!!

Kris
Old 11-17-2020, 11:45 PM   #7

Thanks Kris. Yeah I know our bunk house TV setup is different, but I think the back window location is universal and ours has wall backing above the window. If you happen to get a chance to measure from the ceiling to the top of the window back there, I'd be curious to know that.

Thanks! Can't wait for ours to get here. Just sold our hybrid last weekend.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy626 View Post
Thanks Kris. Yeah I know our bunk house TV setup is different, but I think the back window location is universal and ours has wall backing above the window. If you happen to get a chance to measure from the ceiling to the top of the window back there, I'd be curious to know that.

Thanks! Can't wait for ours to get here. Just sold our hybrid last weekend.
There is only 13" between the ceiling and the top of the rear window in my bunkhouse, so I'm guessing it is different window placement, or that's gonna be a mighty small tv!! lol.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:53 PM   #9

Hey, thanks for getting that measurement. I guess I'll hold off on picking out the rear tv for now til we have it in hand and can get a measurement for options. I'll be scouting tv's for the main and master over the holidays and in January.

I appreciate your time in getting that info for me.

Tags
puma