Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2022, 06:08 PM   #1

Water Leak!

2021 PUMA XLE Lite 22FKC
While on our 8th outing with our unit, I noticed water dripping from under the left rear corner of the camper. Water dripping from under a camper is never a good thing!!!
I easily traced the culprit as a water hose connected to the city water inlet connector on the inside of the camper was less than finger-tight. The fitting was an absolute bear to tighten as it was between the outside aluminum and the interior luan. I ended up having to use pliers to break the luan from around the fitting to allow access to tighten the hose. Upon inspecting the fitting, I became concerned that, given the design and plastic composition of the fitting, I don't think any amount of tightening is going to keep it from leaking. I don't think the fitting will stand up to tightening with a wrench without breaking the plastic. I am genuinely considering replacing that hose connection with something more substantial than plastic. Amazon has brass fittings for less than $20.
I am only posting this as a suggestion to other owners that you might want to inspect the connection on the back of the city water inlet connector on your unit. It's a lot easier to do in the comfort of your backyard than in a campground.
After seeing this connection, I am going to inspect all of the other accessible water lines before our next outing. Again... water leaking inside a camper is never a good thing!
Old 09-10-2022, 06:48 PM   #2

That's a good heads up.
About once a year I purposefully go through and tighten everything from plumbing to electric to cabinet hinges/latches. I also check suspension, wheels, and hitch frequently.
With the state of most of our roads, the quality of RV builds, and the many dirt roads we take, things just loosen up and you have to stay on top of it.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:46 PM   #3

all water lines were loose

I have been extremely busy and we are getting ready for another trip, so I went out today and unloaded the cargo area. I checked all the fittings and could tighten every one of them from 1/2 to a full turn with my fingers. I mean, granted they are plastic but come on, I shouldn't be able to tighten them with just my fingers!

If you haven't checked your water line fittings, you might wanna invest some time in doing it so that you don't have to invest time and money!

Tags
leak, water, water leak