Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 AM   #1

Water Pump and assocaited valves

Trying to understand water pump plumbing.

We recently purchased a Forest River/Palomino/Solaire 202RB. Love the trailer but cannot believe there is not consistency across the board with regard to construction of these Brands by the Corporate leaders. Traded up from a Forest River/Rockwood/ROO21BD. Took me some time to find the water pump, it is mounted upside down so that I cannot see the valves to tell if it is replumbed from winterization. Also on a side Note the Refrigerator on the ROO had a button to set the temperature, the Solaire has a flimsy slide on one of the fins. Guess Quality Control is pretty much gone these days, cabinet door fell off on drive home, found that the hinge was stripped out and that someone had attempted to glue it back. Off for a list of warranty issues next week after using 3 nights. Love the trailer layout but not impressed with lack of attention to detail and quality.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Most of us have the slider on the fin to control temp.
Some have great luck and others found it lacking.
Mine would not get cold enough so I upgraded with the adjustable temp control from the folks who make dinosaur boards. (after market replacement control boards for RV furnace, water heater and refrigerators).

As far as the cabinet door-- if it's not damaged, I'd probably repair that my self as it would be easier to do than hitching up and taking my rig back to the dealer.
A wooden toothpick or match stick coated with gorilla glue or elmers yellow glue stuck in the screw holes ought to do the trick.
5 or 10 minutes and your done.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
Commercial Member

WV_ROO,

Thank you for being a part of the Palomino family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new SolAire Ultra Lite. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Ben Meloche in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.palominorv.com/DirectServ...08502953091436.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #4

We've had our 202RB for about a year now. I have not had any issues with the fridge temperature but also had a cabinet door nearly fall off, and the under cabinet trim over the stove and sink came loose. Our dealer is a little over an hour away so I have done the repairs myself.

I used construction adhesive and clamps to repair the trim strip and so far seems to be holding.

The cabinet door has been a PITA. I finally used longer hinge screws that go through the cabinet face and into the framework behind it. I also replaced the spring latch to get a stronger close. Time will tell.

As far as the water pump, access is through a panel on the deck under the bed. You should be able to see all three valves.

2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn
2019 Palomino Solaire 202RB

"Why yes, this is my circus and these are my monkeys!"
jcr59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, valve, water, water pump