Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #1

Water Pump - Winterizing

I winterized my Sabre 34TBOK tonight. I hooked up a 15' garden hose to the winterize outlet and my pump seemed to struggle pumping the pink stuff out of the jug. Should I have cut the garden hose to a shorter length? Anyways managed to have pink come out of every tap so I think I got it all done. I noticed on the ground below my low point drains a white rubber washer looking thing. Did this fall out when I removed the caps. Should I put it back on in the spring now that it is winterized?
2011 Crestliner Superhawk c/w 115HP Mercury
2012 Honda CBR250
iceman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman31
I winterized my Sabre 34TBOK tonight. I hooked up a 15' garden hose to the winterize outlet and my pump seemed to struggle pumping the pink stuff out of the jug. Should I have cut the garden hose to a shorter length? Anyways managed to have pink come out of every tap so I think I got it all done. I noticed on the ground below my low point drains a white rubber washer looking thing. Did this fall out when I removed the caps. Should I put it back on in the spring now that it is winterized?
I'd have to say a shorter hose is in order.
Mines 2 foot.

Caps do have washers on them. If it's not leaking I wouldn't worry.
Even if it drips now and again it will be fine.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #3

I agree on the shorter the better part. When fresh water hookup is not available, I actually use my winterizing port to fill my fresh tank from 6 gal luggable tanks by way of the outside shower into the FW tank. It works great with a 4' hose, but barely will prime with a 8' hose. I use a 2' for pumpink pink stuff!
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote