Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #1
csc

9 words RV dealers DONT WANT TO HEAR.

Boys & girls, I was reading the latest RV TRAVEL.com issue and I listened to the podcast from Ron Burdge probably THE BEST LEMON LAWYER!!! His most important advice:BEFORE signing on that dotted line TELL the RV dealership you as a buyer want those 9 words :WE GIVE BUYER A 24 HOUR WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECT on YOUR CONTRACT. IF he says they won't do that,THEN......WALK and take your business elsewhere! Let me explain as what I heard. If the dealer signs those 9 words, then dealer may think so what, 24 hrs, sure! However, what the dealer I'm sure doesn't know of the FEDERAL LAW OF IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY!! In MOST states that is a 4 YEAR WARRANTY. Here's the catch, WHEN the dealer writes those 9 words....THAT overrides ANY.....ANY....ANY pre printed CONTRACT! Please SHARE and if you're in the market for a trailer....now or later.... USE THIS!!! Have great memories and travel safe.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:20 PM   #2

Now that's funny..............................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 01-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #3
Always Learning

I’m going to need to see some proof of these statements...
Old 01-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
Coach

Yeah, I'm definitely no lawyer, but I live by the adage "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I will however follow this thread to see what follows.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
Old 01-18-2019, 09:58 PM   #5

Found the following at http://https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/...252-warranties

Quote:
Implied Warranties

Implied warranties are created by state law, and all states have them. Almost every purchase you make is covered by an implied warranty.

The most common type of implied warranty—a "warranty of merchantability," means that the seller promises that the product will do what it is supposed to do. For example, a car will run and a toaster will toast.

Another type of implied warranty is the "warranty of fitness for a particular purpose." This applies when you buy a product on the seller's advice that it is suitable for a particular use. For example, a person who suggests that you buy a certain sleeping bag for zero-degree weather warrants that the sleeping bag will be suitable for zero degrees.

If your purchase does not come with a written warranty, it is still covered by implied warranties unless the product is marked "as is," or the seller otherwise indicates in writing that no warranty is given.
Several states, including Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia, do not permit "as is" sales.

If problems arise that are not covered by the written warranty, you should investigate the protection given by your implied warranty. Implied warranty coverage can last as long as four years, although the length of the coverage varies from state to state.
A lawyer or a state consumer protection office can provide more information about implied warranty coverage in your state.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:07 AM   #6
Site Team

The site team is going to need to review this topic, as it may fall under this:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...own-65127.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
dealer