RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-03-2017, 05:55 PM   #81

Mine has arrived, but the lid is high on both ends. With the lids strapped down I can push down on each end. It seems the middle is in solid contact. I am not sure if it is sealing with the gasket and this is the way all of them are. If you push on the ends of your lid with the straps closed, does the lid push down or is it solid?
Berkdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #82
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkdawg View Post
Mine has arrived, but the lid is high on both ends. With the lids strapped down I can push down on each end. It seems the middle is in solid contact. I am not sure if it is sealing with the gasket and this is the way all of them are. If you push on the ends of your lid with the straps closed, does the lid push down or is it solid?

Solid, you'll know if it's sealing when full of ice, it'll create a vacuum much like freezer when it's hot out.
I'd say not normal.
Can you post a pic?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #83

Merry Xmas.........so happy I almost pooped my pants. These 2 have no give whatsover when latched and have a vacuum when trying to open?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170203_184018.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	129125
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #84

Mine arrived today! I got the RTIC 45. Its in excellent condition with no flaws. I did a short YouTube video on the fit and finish. I also ordered the divider, basket and bottle opener. Everything is top quality and couldn't be happier. A big shout out to Turbs for letting us all know about this awesome deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-03 15.48.59.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	129126  
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Solid, you'll know if it's sealing when full of ice, it'll create a vacuum much like freezer when it's hot out.
I'd say not normal.
Can you post a pic?
I have attached a link to Google, but I am not sure if this how you attach.

I did put a straight edge on the bottom of the lid and seem fairly flat. For the money, I want to make sure I find the issues within the short warranty.

I know the gasket is further inside and might be making contact. If you all have this gap, I will call it good and test it with ice tonight.

[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2017, 07:11 PM   #86

I can't imagine that Yeti has some kind of patent on every possible kind of rotomolded cooler!!!???!!!??!!

I ordered several of these softsides......since I don't have any of those from any maker, and wanted some but wasn't going to pay high dollar......and some tumblers, and a small bottle.

I have Ozark Trail, Igloo Sportsmen, IceyTek, and even a Yeti tumbler (that doesn't keep coffee hot any more than about 2 hours max). They all do ok, and NONE will keep ice 5 days, much less 10. I did not get them because they keep ice perfectly for 2 weeks.......I got them because the 'normal' kind of coolers fall apart (if you use them, and I do) too soon, and these hold up. They are too heavy, but that's the price you pay for long lasting.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
Mine arrived today! I got the RTIC 45. Its in excellent condition with no flaws. I did a short YouTube video on the fit and finish. I also ordered the divider, basket and bottle opener. Everything is top quality and couldn't be happier. A big shout out to Turbs for letting us all know about this awesome deal.
Thanks for the video. Mine definitely does not have that suction. Great! Now to try and return it.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #88

Quote:
Thanks for the video. Mine definitely does not have that suction. Great! Now to try and return it.
Maybe you can compare to this? I can look through the reveal on the ends and see the gasket making good contact. It can't fit like a cylinder head....it's roto molded plastic. My Yeti does not fit as nice as these.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170203_191840.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	129127
Old 02-03-2017, 07:34 PM   #89

Quote:
you can take a dollar bill and lay it across the seal, close it up and see if you can pull the bill out. Do this all the way around the seal.

this is how we checked commercial refrigerators when installing the doors at delivery time.
Miles 6450
Super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
If RTIC has to "redesign" some of their products, then that sounds to me like they were infringing on YETI's design and decided to settle out of court because it was cheaper than having some jury hand them a large verdict. Only "win" I see is not having to pay to go to court and not having to pay out the big bucks.

But who knows; I'm sure there's a gag order on the settlement.
Yeah it cant be a win when you consider they will have to come up with entirely new designs and molds to make them as well as a lag time in production while changing over to the new products. But like Mr Havercamp said its a win for us.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super8mm View Post
you can take a dollar bill and lay it across the seal, close it up and see if you can pull the bill out. Do this all the way around the seal.

this is how we checked commercial refrigerators when installing the doors at delivery time.
Thanks for the dollar bill trick. It holds at the rear and back sides but as you move forward the dollar is loose. I can push down when latched on the front and it creaks up and down. Glad all of yours are good.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #92

Quote:
Thanks for the dollar bill trick. It holds at the rear and back sides but as you move forward the dollar is loose. I can push down when latched on the front and it creaks up and down. Glad all of yours are good.
Sounds like you need a replacement. If you go for it, let us know how you get treated and how it works out.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:37 PM   #93
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post

Your very welcome!
Old 02-03-2017, 11:40 PM   #94
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

IMO rtic has great customer service, call them Monday and they will take care of it.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:07 AM   #95

Got my 65 today and was worried a little, end of the box was punched in a little bit but opened her up and no damage on the cooler, it looks great, I think I'll be getting a couple of other sizes.
Thanks again Turbs
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:33 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Yeah it cant be a win when you consider they will have to come up with entirely new designs and molds to make them as well as a lag time in production while changing over to the new products. But like Mr Havercamp said its a win for us.
From what I have read about the litigation Yeti considers it a win because they forced a redesign and obtained some amount of financial restitution. RTIC considers it a win because Yeti attempted to stop RTICs sales and force them to destroy all existing product. That didn't happen. The attorney's (both sides) consider it a win because they were paid no matter who won or lost, and everyone who purchased during this sale can chalk up a win, even Berkdawg as I am fairly certain they'll stand behind the product.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:42 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
IMO rtic has great customer service, call them Monday and they will take care of it.
I can not find much searching the net to say anything otherwise, in fact 99.9% of the stuff I found was good. That's almost unheard of now days.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:37 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I was ratted out. I had the two 65's shipped (delivered yesterday) to my brother in laws house. He just so happened to call his sister last night to tell her. Thanks a lot. I just received the anticipated ripping from her at 3:30 AM and have not even laid my mitts on them yet. I had to come clean on the 45 being delivered Monday. Has anyone ever been divorced over coolers? LOL.

Never on a cooler!! But very close on new farm tractors & new pickups!!

My concern for you would be that you bought two coolers. Thus she might be able to fit you in the two of them. If you I'd probably put a combination lock on them with only you having the combination!!

Russell
CAT-RN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #99

Turbs/Aquaman is there any Danger of a "Lawsuit on Patten Infringement" with the Goshen Beer Tasting Cooler"? That was a "Thing of Beauty"! Youroo!!
Old 02-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #100
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Turbs/Aquaman is there any Danger of a "Lawsuit on Patten Infringement" with the Goshen Beer Tasting Cooler"? That was a "Thing of Beauty"! Youroo!!

Hey we have patents on that "cooler" trough.