RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 03-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #41

Magsomal, I kept looking at the photo you posted, of the 39Ē TV you had in your 2018 26RR, thinking somehow, my Entertainment Center was ďdifferentĒ (mine being a 2017 26RR). I found it!
Your 3 wire (red, yellow and white) plug in, is on the ceiling. Mine being on right side, as you face it. (BTW TV shown, is not the one that will go there. Only set to test all connections).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E170CA93-8FE8-4872-95A9-5D4F45818AB2.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	164529  
26RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26RR View Post
Magsomal, I kept looking at the photo you posted, of the 39Ē TV you had in your 2018 26RR, thinking somehow, my Entertainment Center was ďdifferentĒ (mine being a 2017 26RR). I found it!

Your 3 wire (red, yellow and white) plug in, is on the ceiling. Mine being on right side, as you face it. (BTW TV shown, is not the one that will go there. Only set to test all connections).

Ohhhhh I seee.. hmmm Iím not sure if a 39Ē would fit there... maybe with 90í connectors?
Magsomal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsomal View Post
Ohhhhh I seee.. hmmm Iím not sure if a 39Ē would fit there... maybe with 90í connectors?
Hmmmmm. Not sure. BTW how is the ROKU TVís working? Are you streaming off an RV Park WiFi? Courious.

Brian
26RR
Old 03-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #44

Quote:
Hmmmmm. Not sure. BTW how is the ROKU TVís working? Are you streaming off an RV Park WiFi? Courious.

Brian

26RR

Havenít used them yet ( other than on our WiFi in the backyard).. but they have a great picture and connect to all the apps as they should. First trip with our 26RR starts in T- 32 hours!!!!!
Old 03-08-2018, 06:04 AM   #45

Quote:
Havenít used them yet ( other than on our WiFi in the backyard).. but they have a great picture and connect to all the apps as they should. First trip with our 26RR starts in T- 32 hours!!!!!
Am sure you will have a blast, first time out in that new 26RR. Iím still thinking on a ROKU, or a Smart TV. Another question, if I may, on your ROKU TVís. In order to get regular TV channels, other than Apps, do you need an extra remote, other than that one that came with the TV?
Today, weíre picking up an ďadditionĒ to our RV Cricket! Going to pick up the vinal top/fold down Windshield and rear view mirror, made for the Cricket. With the height of the RV, wonít be a problem loading/unloading with the top added.
We got the SX3 Cricket in 2015, so this will be our third year using it. We finally decided it would be a LOT cooler, with top on!

Brian
26RR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C1BE7D1C-4736-4A13-BE59-E2D1CEFA42CF.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	164548  
Old 03-08-2018, 06:31 AM   #46

This is a Cricket with top/Windshield shown. Rear view mirrors were a recent add on, not shown.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C57AADB9-D589-4CD8-B82E-C05BAC269DAC.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	475.2 KB
ID:	164549  
Old 03-08-2018, 06:52 AM   #47

That’s a cool cart!
There’s only one remote for the TV and it allows you to access everything-Apps ,and Over the Air antenna,etc. Its a good setup����
Old 03-08-2018, 06:53 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
X2 and everybody had valid points here about tv brand and tv/dvd players and a few dvds if the weather sucks.

Whatever happened to leaving the tech crap at home? Can't you teach your progeny and future generations to camp, love nature, build campfires, make smores, fish and learn to BS and develop social skills? JMHO
I would add reading and playing games to this, especially if you are speaking about inclement weather.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 AM   #49

Top with fold down Windshield and rear view mirror installed yesterday. Owned Cricket since 2016, and figured it was time for an upgrade! . Still plenty of room to drive it on/off 26RR.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2AD8F5D7-BDE0-41A9-8177-8E49B7F42441.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	164664   Click image for larger version

Name:	D31DC79A-9A3C-4F0F-A354-E010C5D3C5D7.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	164665  
Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #50

Quote:
We are getting ready for our first shakedown trip and we did put TVís in ours.We installed a 39Ē in the Living area and a 32Ē in the BR. Both Insignia Roku TVís.
I happen to like TV if itís raining and I canít ride or fish, and I need it to fall asleep. They fit fine.
Mags

PS: that 2nd pic shows the Insignia sound bar we installed also!
I believe by this time youíve has your shakedown trip, how did everything go? Did you get good reception on your ROKU TVís? Able to stream?
Old 03-21-2018, 02:20 PM   #51

Quote:
I believe by this time youíve has your shakedown trip, how did everything go? Did you get good reception on your ROKU TVís? Able to stream?

hey.. yes the trip was great.. stopped at dealer on way up and they fixed stove and got DVD working. All in all it was great.. we had a little issue figuring out the heat re: fan/auto, etc. the major thing I still canít figure out is the refer.. it will NOT cool down on either 110 or LP.. green light is on, etc -but wonít get cool.( good thing I always bring my DOMETIC portable with me when I camp).. this Norcold is driving me nuts-no clue what is going on.
Bike loading was excellent-no issues. The major thing I dislike is the movement of the rig when someone is walking around.. Iíll have to research the best way to reduce that.
TVs got a few OTA channels and we were able to stream good with our MiFi.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #52

Angry

Quote:
hey.. yes the trip was great.. stopped at dealer on way up and they fixed stove and got DVD working. All in all it was great.. we had a little issue figuring out the heat re: fan/auto, etc. the major thing I still canít figure out is the refer.. it will NOT cool down on either 110 or LP.. green light is on, etc -but wonít get cool.( good thing I always bring my DOMETIC portable with me when I camp).. this Norcold is driving me nuts-no clue what is going on.
Bike loading was excellent-no issues. The major thing I dislike is the movement of the rig when someone is walking around.. Iíll have to research the best way to reduce that.
TVs got a few OTA channels and we were able to stream good with our MiFi.
Great things went fairly well! I had a BIT of trouble with the fridge in my 19RR (havenít had the 26RR out YET), and after a trip to Dealer, and having it checked out, it seems I didnít plug the trailer in, at the house, a couple days prior to camping, cool the fridge off, then making sure propane is turned on, switch to propane when unplugging 110V.
MORE IMPORTANT, I then reread my fridge manual, and saw where I could move the (doohickey) between the cooling fins on the inside of the fridge. Temp. is adjusted by sliding this. I also keep a RV thermometer in both the fridge and the freezer to check temps.
Back to my first post, how did the ROKU TVís work for you?
Looking forward to getting ours out camping. Snowed today.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #53

Yes Iíve been told about sliding the thermistor.. to no avail... I have to do more research... RV fridges really suck.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Yes Iíve been told about sliding the thermistor.. to no avail... I have to do more research... RV fridges really suck.
Sorry, I missed your note about how your TVís worked. I may have mentioned, but not sure, I ended up getting a 32Ē VIZIO 1080P Smart TV for the Entertainment Center area. I have a 26Ē in the Bedroom. I have a locking full motion TV mount, to get the TV mounted in EC, but have not got that done yet.
Believe the 32Ē will swing out enough to see, just fine, from garage area.
It is on my bucket list to complete a couple mods, prior to start of camping. DEFINATELY getting that Spare Tire Carrier mounted behind the rear axle, as well as finish my Equalizer hitch lift.
Arenít these 26RRís nice trailers? 👍🏻
Old 03-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #55

Quote:
Sorry, I missed your note about how your TVís worked. I may have mentioned, but not sure, I ended up getting a 32Ē VIZIO 1080P Smart TV for the Entertainment Center area. I have a 26Ē in the Bedroom. I have a locking full motion TV mount, to get the TV mounted in EC, but have not got that done yet.

Believe the 32Ē will swing out enough to see, just fine, from garage area.

It is on my bucket list to complete a couple mods, prior to start of camping. DEFINATELY getting that Spare Tire Carrier mounted behind the rear axle, as well as finish my Equalizer hitch lift.

Arenít these 26RRís nice trailers?

Yes we Love this RV.... Iíll be getting that BAL spare tire carrier TOO
Old 07-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #56

Not to sound stupid, but when we do put a tv in the rv and hook up to the campground cable. Will we need a cable box or will the tv just accommodate?
Rdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #57
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdman View Post
Not to sound stupid, but when we do put a tv in the rv and hook up to the campground cable. Will we need a cable box or will the tv just accommodate?
Most RV park cable feeds don't require a cable box, but are just standard def signals running through the coax.

You still need to scan the channels, and I've also found that sometimes instead of scanning for channels with the TV in 'Cable/Sat' mode I'll get a better picture if I scan for 'Antenna' instead.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
When we got the camper, we needed to add 2 TVs. My plan was for TV/DVD combos so I didnít need to worry about an extra piece of hardware. Itís worked really well for us. The quality could be better, but for a long time- they were just used while camping.

Now we live in it and Iím looking forward to a little better quality. Iíd probably end up with a Smart TV.
Lol, just realized I commented on a year old post. I saw the month but not the year until noticed someone was able to comment "tomorrow ".
Oh well.

My experience with a Smart TV is mixed. Over time, the manufacturer's agreement with content carriers/app developers has expired. I only have a couple of apps left that work and a slew I dont care to install.
A better choice may be a "dumb" TV and a Roku, Fire Stick, Apple TV etc. that plugs into an HDMI port. You're also more apt to be able to cast phone content (video) to the TV using a stick than you are a Smart TV.
Good luck with your choice.