Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
Get the Largest TV that will Mount or Fit in the location that you plan to put it. My Satelite TV is a Huge Priority for going Camping along with my ZTE Mobley for Internet
Agree on largest TV. For me, a 32 will fit perfect in space provided. Have 26” in bedroom, which is adequate.
Thanks for reply!
26RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:16 PM   #22

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
The TV in my 3 year old rig is a Jensen as is the DVD/mp3 player/AM FM tuner.
They are nothing special but Jensen is a brand that markets to the RV industry.
I'd rather have something else as these are not any better than off the shelf big box store TVs of any other brand
AND
my Jensen doesn't have built in weather channels on the radio
AND
my jensen isn't a smart TV so I can't add any apps
AND
my jensen won't play MP4 files so I can't put a movie on a USB thumb drive and play it.
AND
my jensen -even tho it's marketed for an RV does not have a 12 external power supply so it must be plugged into 120v AC either shore power or a battery powered inverter.
All these things make it NOT my pick but it's what came in the rig.
I wish I had the money it cost so I could shop and pick my own instead!
A previous Winnebago we had, had the Jensen TV, DVD installed. About a 19” Model. I kind of like the idea this RV didn’t come with TV’s. That way, I can pick what I want, for the space provided.
Reason for this thread was to get ideas on what others have. Of course there are those that chime in about not having TV, etc., and just teaching younger generation “better” things to do. This was DEFINATELY not the reason I was asking!
Just asking what others use in their RV. Some answers have been very informative, and I thank you for those.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #23
Site Team

I recommend you always view the tv in person before buying ( especially lower cost tv's). Many of the lower cost tv's have very poor off angle viewing characteristics and most RVs are net set up as home theaters. Check the off angle picture.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
I recommend you always view the tv in person before buying ( especially lower cost tv's). Many of the lower cost tv's have very poor off angle viewing characteristics and most RVs are not set up as home theaters. Check the off angle picture.
Very good advice! Thanks Flybob.
Like you, V V and damned proud of it!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #25

Quote:
I recommend you always view the tv in person before buying ( especially lower cost tv's). Many of the lower cost tv's have very poor off angle viewing characteristics and most RVs are net set up as home theaters. Check the off angle picture.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #26

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26RR View Post

Thanks,
Old 02-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #27

We have 3 of them in our unit, Have never used them, Decided the other day to turn them on, one came on and the other 2 when you push the power button the screen will flash and thats it, they never come on. Most like they are toast. Any one had this problem?
They are Jensen units.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:19 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
X2 on this.

We have a small, cheap, off-brand TV in our bedroom that we got for free as a gift from my wife's employer. She literally got a 3 or 4 page catalog and got to pick one thing from it. So we picked the TV and they sent it to us.

Looking at the TV straight on is OK, but if you move a little off to the side, it's basically impossible to see the screen.

I don't like it but it was free and we don't use it much.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
X2 on this.

We have a small, cheap, off-brand TV in our bedroom that we got for free as a gift from my wife's employer. She literally got a 3 or 4 page catalog and got to pick one thing from it. So we picked the TV and they sent it to us.

Looking at the TV straight on is OK, but if you move a little off to the side, it's basically impossible to see the screen.

I don't like it but it was free and we don't use it much.

Sometimes “free” can be a good thing!
Old 03-01-2018, 05:10 PM   #30
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
Get the Largest TV that will Mount or Fit in the location that you plan to put it. My Satelite TV is a Huge Priority for going Camping along with my ZTE Mobley for Internet
ZTE is said to have spyware embedded in the basic operating system in their phones and hotspot devices. https://www.cyberscoop.com/android-m...-blu-products/

http://world.time.com/2012/10/09/are...-on-americans/
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #31
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Anything on sale at Walmart will do. TV brands are not RV specific.

As long as the kids get what they want....it doesn’t have to be high tech.
X2. You can get a 32" VIZIO LED SMART TV at Walmart for $198. I have one and it works perfect.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #32

Smile TV’s in a Cherokee 26RR

We are getting ready for our first shakedown trip and we did put TV’s in ours.We installed a 39” in the Living area and a 32” in the BR. Both Insignia Roku TV’s.
I happen to like TV if it’s raining and I can’t ride or fish, and I need it to fall asleep. They fit fine.
Mags

PS: that 2nd pic shows the Insignia sound bar we installed also!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	93AE1C1A-AB8C-4982-B901-B0F50C3B12F1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	164232   Click image for larger version

Name:	98C42F6C-1D37-4391-AE0A-BAEE21420F1C.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	164233  
Magsomal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsomal View Post
We are getting ready for our first shakedown trip and we did put TV’s in ours.We installed a 39” in the Living area and a 32” in the BR. Both Insignia Roku TV’s.
I happen to like TV if it’s raining and I can’t ride or fish, and I need it to fall asleep. They fit fine.
Mags

PS: that 2nd pic shows the Insignia sound bar we installed also!
Is your RV a 26RR? You had mentioned a 39” TV in living area. Is that is what is pictured? That looks to be same area as mine, and I can only fit a 32” TV in that area, unless something I am doing wrong! Did you use a full motion mount for that TV? Did you add any extra support when mounting the TV?
Another question. Why ROKU, verses Smart or anything else? Just courious, as we haven’t bought the Entertainment Center TV for our new 2017 26RR, and trying to decide on what would be the best!
If that TV in your Entertainment Center is 39”, what, if any, problems did you have mounting it?
Thank you in advance for any info you could provide.

Brian
26RR
Old 03-05-2018, 09:02 AM   #34

Brian

Ours is a 2018 26RR Grey Wolf. Not sure if the changes the design( I don’t think so). But it’s a 39” Insignia and it fits perfect.. not much room to spare!
I attached the PAW plate to some arms that came with a mount I had and it dropped right on the wall.
I’ll probably add a strap for travel or I’ll take it down while we travel. ROKU cuz that’s what was on sale and it has all the apps built in already. It’s pretty Smart!😀
Old 03-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Brian

Ours is a 2018 26RR Grey Wolf. Not sure if the changes the design( I don’t think so). But it’s a 39” Insignia and it fits perfect.. not much room to spare!
I attached the PAW plate to some arms that came with a mount I had and it dropped right on the wall.
I’ll probably add a strap for travel or I’ll take it down while we travel. ROKU cuz that’s what was on sale and it has all the apps built in already. It’s pretty Smart!😀
Interesting! A 39” TV in that area! Cool! I had purchased a morRyde full motion locking TV mount. I believe if I was to put a 39” up, I wouldn’t be able to pull the locking device, to unlock it! I got the locking mount just so I wouldn’t have to take the TV down when traveling.
Good to be dropping by the Dealer to get things fixed, no matter how small, especially while under warranty!
One item for did purchase recently was a BAL Hide A Spare, to get that spare out from under bed, and back behind rear axle, so as to get extra weight off the hitch! Got that idea here! Lot of good information on this site!
Check out Pimp My 26RR if you haven’t yet. Good ideas on that thread!
Safe Travels!

Brian
26RR
Old 03-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26RR View Post
Interesting! A 39” TV in that area! Cool! I had purchased a morRyde full motion locking TV mount. I believe if I was to put a 39” up, I wouldn’t be able to pull the locking device, to unlock it! I got the locking mount just so I wouldn’t have to take the TV down when traveling.

Good to be dropping by the Dealer to get things fixed, no matter how small, especially while under warranty!

One item for did purchase recently was a BAL Hide A Spare, to get that spare out from under bed, and back behind rear axle, so as to get extra weight off the hitch! Got that idea here! Lot of good information on this site!

Check out Pimp My 26RR if you haven’t yet. Good ideas on that thread!

Safe Travels!

Brian

26RR

Yes I’ve already got a bunch of great ideas from Pimp my 26RR.. I hope to be adding some of mine to the thread[emoji3]I like that BAL spare tire rack-I will be ordering once I recover from all the stuff I already bought!
Old 03-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #37

We changed our living area tv to a 50' Samsung. The bedroom is still one that came with it. Not the best but it works.

As for having TV's while camping, the way I look at it. Until the person who wants to say I don't need one pays my way, then I'll take their advise into consideration. Until then, not so much.

We enjoy TV's, we also hike, kayak, bike, etc... Just part of our trips.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayneb236 View Post
We changed our living area tv to a 50' Samsung. The bedroom is still one that came with it. Not the best but it works.

As for having TV's while camping, the way I look at it. Until the person who wants to say I don't need one pays my way, then I'll take their advise into consideration. Until then, not so much.

We enjoy TV's, we also hike, kayak, bike, etc... Just part of our trips.

Well said![emoji1303][emoji1303]
Old 03-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #39

Quote:
Yes I’ve already got a bunch of great ideas from Pimp my 26RR.. I hope to be adding some of mine to the thread[emoji3]I like that BAL spare tire rack-I will be ordering once I recover from all the stuff I already bought!
The BAL 28217 Hide a Spare is the one for yours (and mine) RV. Amazon has them for $85.27. Save a bit at that price!
You are right. Have to take time and “recover”! These trailers can be a tad costly at times!
When I had my 19RR, I got a set of Chock Blocks, that fit in between the wheels. Those sure stopped he “rocking & rolling” when moving around in RV. Held on to them, to use on this trailer. If they work as well as on the 19RR, I’ll be happy.

Brian
26RR
Old 03-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Well said![emoji1303][emoji1303]
X2