Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2021, 03:28 PM   #1

WIFI One connect hotspot

Can anyone give me some (ANY) info on this ONEConect hotspot? When I picked up my new 26BH Alpha Wolf last week, the dealer did not know anything about it. He said there is info in my packet. There was none.
What is this? How do I use it? Should I use it? Can I hook my Smart TV to it?
Please, if you have any info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Russ
Russmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:43 PM   #2

Another question from last year about this, had this link in the responses.

As I understood it from what the salesperson said during our recent purchase process (we pick up our trailer this Saturday), it's a subscription WiFi receiver, presumably working through the cellular towers.

https://winegard.com/products/cellul.../connect-2-4g2

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #3

The Winegard Connect 2 works fine. I installed one on our old trailer. It did really well even as we drove down the road. Always had WIFI. What you have to know is this. It needs a sim card from a cellular company in order to use it as a hotspot. I used AT&T on a grandfathered plan for $30 a month unlimited .
They don't offer that plan any longer. Shop around if you want 4G LTE services using that Connect 2. Pick the plan you want. Get the sim card from that provider install it in the Connect 2 and your good to go.
If however if you want it as a signal booster while in a park that offers WIFI then you need nothing. Just log in to it and connect to that parks wifi.
The Connect 2 worked very well for us. You can get the instruction's from the Winegard web site.
Just to add one more thing. We used it and had WIFI access from North Carolina all the way to Colter Bay in Wyoming. We work camped in Colter Bay all season and had WIFI the entire time. We lost signal one time on the trip and that was while we went through the Bridger Teton National Forest on highway 26. No towers on that route anywhere.

Years camping 50+,
Days camping in 2021, 120 and counting.
Rolling Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi