Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #41
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERmit View Post
Coulda saved ya'll the wait...I bought one of these (the green one) a couple of months ago. It lasted all of 2 weeks.

It came with a busted connector too. Fix that, then made the mistake of stepping on it. OOPS! The inner rubber liner split about 3 inches.

It'd work great as an outdoor shower now. Turn it on and stand near the split portion.

Also it tends to forget its memory over time. It shrinks less and less every time it's used.
The hose we use is the Blue one, bought 2 100' green ones and they both split the 3rd time being used. I bundled them both up and sent them back just before going to Goshen. Haven't heard a word and really don't expect too, but they now have them.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The hose we use is the Blue one, bought 2 100' green ones and they both split the 3rd time being used. I bundled them both up and sent them back just before going to Goshen. Haven't heard a word and really don't expect too, but they now have them.
OC, where did you send the green ones back to? The xhose.com site does not have them. Were they a copy?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #43
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Willow View Post
OC, where did you send the green ones back to? The xhose.com site does not have them. Were they a copy?
Just by luck, I still had the invoice and sent it to the return address. Yes, the green ones are imitations.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #44

Quote:
Just by luck, I still had the invoice and sent it to the return address. Yes, the green ones are imitations.
Good to know. The website's video mentions the "original blue" hose.

When you use it for your black flush, I assume the hose expands to its full length even though you may be 10 feet away. True? Not sure why I'm even asking it.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Willow View Post
Good to know. The website's video mentions the "original blue" hose.

When you use it for your black flush, I assume the hose expands to its full length even though you may be 10 feet away. True? Not sure why I'm even asking it.
Yes, it expands the full 50' and doesn't tangle. Takes a few seconds to collapse when you shut the water off. I stuff it in a 3# plastic Folgers coffee can and put the lid on. For what I use it for, it is so much better than carrying a 50' regular hose. I carry 3-25' white hoses which I would like to find a way to reduce the bulk, but have a hose carrier mounted inside the storage area more or less out of the way.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #46

Quote:
Yes, it expands the full 50' and doesn't tangle. Takes a few seconds to collapse when you shut the water off. I stuff it in a 3# plastic Folgers coffee can and put the lid on. For what I use it for, it is so much better than carrying a 50' regular hose. I carry 3-25' white hoses which I would like to find a way to reduce the bulk, but have a hose carrier mounted inside the storage area more or less out of the way.
I think I'll grab the 25' footer Pro and pay the extra p/h for the second one. Looks like a good product. Love this forum!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #47

I use the Xhose to flush the black tank at the campground dump station.
It doesn't take up much space
Old 08-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

Used ours for the first time this past week on the black water flush. I too noticed that it shrinks right away as soon as the valve is opened. It'd be better to just call it a 25' hose instead of a 50' one, since you only get 50' when it's not in use and under pressure. I had to rinse in short bursts to keep the hose long enough to not put strain on the fittings.

I think this would make a great garden hose though. Just close the valve and have it grow to the full 50', hook it up to your lawn sprinkler as far from the house as possible, and watch it magically take care of moving the sprinkler for you as it shrinks.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #49
Graduate Member

Tried the green one this weekend for the "city water" hookup. No go.

It builds up too much pressure in the hose and won't seat properly - causing water to spray out at the connection.
2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #50
2011 Forest River Stealth

Quote:
Not so fast there dude, where do you think all these senior citizens (including myself & DW) drank from when we were kids. We also survived lead based paint, riding bikes without headgear, played in parks without rubber mats, went to schools that had asbestos insulation, carried our lunch to school in used paper bags and rode in cars with suicide door without seatbelts, airbags. Don't know how so many of us survived without "Big Brother" watching over us. We even shared bottles of pop, played baseball and football with no protective gear whatsoever.
Oh, by the way, some of us also got our rearends warmed by switches, belts and calloused hands for misbehaving.
Don't forget, riding in the back of a pick-up truck, standing up behind the cab or riding on the tail gate when it was down.

What happen to the Good Old Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
I take it you never drank out of a regular old rubber garden hose when you were a kid?
I sure do, hot summer days playing wiffle ball in the backyard. The hose was were we got water to drink.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Not so fast there dude, where do you think all these senior citizens (including myself & DW) drank from when we were kids. We also survived lead based paint, riding bikes without headgear, played in parks without rubber mats, went to schools that had asbestos insulation, carried our lunch to school in used paper bags and rode in cars with suicide door without seatbelts, airbags. Don't know how so many of us survived without "Big Brother" watching over us. We even shared bottles of pop, played baseball and football with no protective gear whatsoever.
Oh, by the way, some of us also got our rearends warmed by switches, belts and calloused hands for misbehaving.
teeter totters too if you remember those old wooden ones. Not the ones you see today ridding wheelies on a stingray bike.
Its no wonder the baby boomers are so messed up today! Thanks big brother

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote