Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #1

10 Year 9/11 Memorial in Twin Falls

Today we honored those who lost their lives on 9/11/2001, our team of Paramedics are in white.

A tragic event that brought the rebirth of unity to America
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	911 Ceremony 004.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	7966   Click image for larger version

Name:	911 Ceremony 009.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	7967   Click image for larger version

Name:	911 Ceremony 015.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	7968   Click image for larger version

Name:	911 Ceremony 034.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	7969  
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #2

Why does 9-11 revolve around Fire and Police personel? sure they did something most of us wouldn`t do, but there were far more that died that weren`t Police or Fireman. yet everything you see on TV makes it look as though the towers had only police and fire personell in them. I am not disrespecting them, I know several. 9-11 was not all about first responders! far more civilians were killed, yet you never see any talk about them!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #3

I think more is spent on the rescue workers because they had a choice to offer help. Then went to the burning building. I hear your thoughts about the civilians who died but did you know that the firefighters had to have a seperate service as they were told "there was not enought room at ground zero for all their families" These innocent first responders choose to help and lost their lives doing so where the the others had no choice. The bottom line is that yesterday reminded us to hug our children and families closer and not take our everyday lives for granted.
Scoouts mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoouts mom View Post
I think more is spent on the rescue workers because they had a choice to offer help. Then went to the burning building. I hear your thoughts about the civilians who died but did you know that the firefighters had to have a seperate service as they were told "there was not enought room at ground zero for all their families" These innocent first responders choose to help and lost their lives doing so where the the others had no choice. The bottom line is that yesterday reminded us to hug our children and families closer and not take our everyday lives for granted.
I agree with you 100%! I am just a little upset that so little attention is paid to the people in the planes and the buildings that died needlessly.

Either way the entire day on Sunday felt eerie, just knowing what happened 10 years earlier! I remeber well because the dealership where I worked closed on the Tuesday before (Sept. 9 2001) so I didn`t have a job at that point. I remember turning on the TV in the morning like I always did and seen the footage from the first plane (only a couple minutes earlier) then everything unfolded from there!!!! at that point I thought to myself "things could be alot worse!". alot of the firefighters and police did things they probably never would have thought about in their worst nightmare! for that they are the best!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote