Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #1

America the Beautiful NP/Federal Rec lands Senior pass

Just a note, I was visiting at the local BLM/Forest service office and was told they are expecting the senior passes to go up to a lifetime fee of $80.00 with a senior annual pass that will be offered for $20.00 a year. (If a senior does opt for the annual pass, and gets one every year for four years, the lifetime annual pass will be free.) The expected date they were told is June, but I guess that is not in concrete....yet! But from what they believe, it will last until the new date or the old senior passes are sold out.

So if you are over 62 you might want to head into any forest service, BLM, National park or a monument office to get a pass before the price increase from $10.00 to $80.00.

Or you can do a google search for USGS senior pass and it will bring up the page where you can purchase it online from the USGS but online it costs $20.00; $10.00 for the pass and $10.00 for shipping and handling. (I would post the link but I understand links are not allowed.)

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Yes... I saw this on a social media site under a FROG - Forest River Owners' Group account (posted Dec. 28, '16):
"NATIONAL PARK SERVICE SENIOR PASS COST TO INCREASE BY 700%. BUY IT BEFORE THE INCREASE IS EFFECTIVE. The recently-enacted National Parks bill will increase the cost of a lifetime Senior Pass from $10 to $80. The National Park Service is unsure of when the increase will take effect, but it's expected to be sometime in 2017.
The pass, available to U.S. Citizens age 62 and above, provides free admission to U.S. National Parks and other Federal Recreational Lands not only to the pass holder, but to those in their vehicle as well. An annual Senior Pass will be available for $20, with the cost credited to the cost of a Lifetime Pass purchased later.
The Senior Pass is a great deal, and we encourage you to obtain one at the current price if you don't already have one."

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote