Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2021, 10:08 AM   #61

Unless I know the retailer, like Horizon Hobbies, or some other name, I only order items marked as Prime. This way I know I am dealing direct with Amazon and not some third party. With all the fake junk out there, not taking the chance, at least if marked Prime it is backed up by Amazon.

However, Amazon recently stopped price matching, even on their own site. I forgot what it was I bought, but about 2 days after buying it, even before I received it, the price dropped $100. Needless to say I wasn't very happy about that, and the card I used did not have price match guarantee service.

As far as shipping, Fedex is the WORST! I had bought a Laser chiller on Ebay and when they delivered it, we were home, in the house, with a working doorbell. I go to check the mail and there is a delivery notice tag on the door, 1 foot from the working doorbell! I had to sign for it, in person, which is why they didn't just set the package by the door. They were supposed to deliver it the following Friday, and I waited ALL stinking day outside so I wouldn't miss it, then at 6:30 at night get a text notice saying rescheduled deliver, no one home. I immediately got on the phone and chewed them out since I was outside all day and not one Fedex truck drove by. They would deliver it Saturday, o my wife waited for it while I had to go get some components to finish installing the laser exhaust. When it finally did get delivered the box looked like it fell off the truck several times. It was full of holes and dented corners. Thankfully the packaging prevented damage to the case, but just to be safe I opened the case up and found the starting capacitor for the compressor was busted off. I glued it back in place, and haven't had any issues with it, but that was the worst delivery to date.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:31 PM   #62

I have had that happen with both Amazon and Ebay.
I order an item and find it was drop shipped from Walmart at an inflsted price.
While the practice isn't illegal it is surely sneaky and underhanded.
forestwendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #63
Site Team

Just a friendly reminder to please refrain from adding any political commentary to this thread. The site teams has already removed a few posts that strayed into that territory.

Thank you and
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:44 PM   #64

This seems pretty simple. Stop buy from an evil company like Amazon.
Walmart and Amazon drive out small retailers. Buying from Amazon is a last resort for me.
Mike-Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Mat View Post
This seems pretty simple. Stop buy from an evil company like Amazon.
Walmart and Amazon drive out small retailers. Buying from Amazon is a last resort for me.

I try to get things from Amazon vendors. For example, I purchased my TV headlights and fog lights from a GREAT company via the Amazon platform. So I’m supporting a small business while using the reliable Amazon marketplace.
Past: 2018 Flagstaff MicroLite 21FBRS
Past: 2005 Flagstaff Classic 625D
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost
marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 01:21 PM   #66
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinerjoe View Post
I try to get things from Amazon vendors. For example, I purchased my TV headlights and fog lights from a GREAT company via the Amazon platform. So I’m supporting a small business while using the reliable Amazon marketplace.
Not always. My neighbor is a Customs Agent at Anchorage Int'l Airport. They recently impounded an inbound shipment from China destined for an Amazon Fulfillment Center. Turns out this shipment was giant lot of counterfeit AC-Delco parts. If you notice, they didn't even try to hide the packaging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Counterfeit Parts.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	248720  
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote