Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #1

Auto Transport Companies

Anyone ever use an Auto Transport company to transport a vehicle? Might need to transport a Hummer H3 from Moab UT to the Pocatello area in a month or two.
So looking for any recommendations, or pointers on what to look for or ask.

I've had vehicles transported before, however, it was at the cost of the employer and the company was picked by the employer.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #2

Do you have a trailer it will fit on?
Old 08-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #3

Look into Uship.com. Transporters bid on the job
ChrisPlus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #4

f5moab, can't reconmend transport company (I'm from Canada) but can give you some pointers to ask and look out for, if enclosed carrier all the better!, tell the company that if there is oil leakage on roof of your car from car above yours they are on the hook to clean it ( it does happen!!!!), if you can watch them load car make sure they close the windows of you car, ( have had drivers window left open and interiour get completely soaked from rain) also that they shut off headlights.I have also seen dents in doors from loader banging doors on rails of carrier ( take pics of car when you drop it off to be transported and show them to company.)Hopes this helps good luck
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Do you have a trailer it will fit on?
No and the Uhaul rental trailers are rated for 5250 lbs. It weighs in at around 5500 lbs with the off-road protection and winch accessories added.
And since I don't want to tow it to ID, then come back and tow my trailer to ID, I'm thinking of having it transported from Moab up to ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrauts View Post
f5moab, can't reconmend transport company (I'm from Canada) but can give you some pointers to ask and look out for, if enclosed carrier all the better!, tell the company that if there is oil leakage on roof of your car from car above yours they are on the hook to clean it ( it does happen!!!!), if you can watch them load car make sure they close the windows of you car, ( have had drivers window left open and interiour get completely soaked from rain) also that they shut off headlights.I have also seen dents in doors from loader banging doors on rails of carrier ( take pics of car when you drop it off to be transported and show them to company.)Hopes this helps good luck
That's some good points. Thanks. It will most likely be uncovered, considering I have never really been too worried about the finish

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport