Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #141
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Move along....these are not the droids you are looking for.......
THIS also made me laugh!! Good one Chicky!!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #142

I'd have to say I don't really have any pet peeves. I go out and just try to relax and leave my worries behind. My only PPs are with myself....when I forget something at home, or realize I am running low on beer and the camp store doesn't sell any!

When you guys talk about barking dogs, do you mean ones that bark constantly only...

- what about the ones that bark occasionally when a dog walks by the campsite or birds/ squirrels run through and they bark? Our dog does this, but we tell him to stop. I wonder what others think.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #143
MI Camperz

Can't speak for everyone, of course, but seems like people complaining of the constant barkers/unattended ones the most. I for one have a puppy who was fairly isolated b/c she was born in late Sept. and kept in most of winter. She's very excitable now that she's getting out much more. Concerned she'll be a barker....
Thread helped me b/c I will get one of those trainer collars for barking if she doesn't chill out. She's a Yorkie Poo...some breeds are bigger barkers than others.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #144
Graduate Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
I'd have to say I don't really have any pet peeves. I go out and just try to relax and leave my worries behind. My only PPs are with myself....when I forget something at home, or realize I am running low on beer and the camp store doesn't sell any!

When you guys talk about barking dogs, do you mean ones that bark constantly only...

- what about the ones that bark occasionally when a dog walks by the campsite or birds/ squirrels run through and they bark? Our dog does this, but we tell him to stop. I wonder what others think.
I'm sorry - i have to draw the line somewhere. Silent dogs I can deal with. Noisy dogs are at least consistent. Your half barking, half silent dog would just drive me insane. I'll have to add half noisy/half silent dogs to my list of pet peeves.

2012 - 26 days

Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Now, I have to temper some of this by saying on Holiday Weekends at 100% capacity, I expect loud high energy behavior with the CGs looking like a scene from Grapes of Wrath. Agreed?
I see no reason for holiday weekends to be any different. Why would that excuse rude and inconsiderate behavior?
But I realise that is the norm, and why I never camp on such weekends.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #146
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

I personally mean the ones that bark because they can and do it endlessly !

I think its great when people hush there dogs when they do bark at passing dogs or animals .

What I dont get is the people whom complain I am to loud and there dog barks till four in the morning !
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post

I'm sorry - i have to draw the line somewhere. Silent dogs I can deal with. Noisy dogs are at least consistent. Your half barking, half silent dog would just drive me insane. I'll have to add half noisy/half silent dogs to my list of pet peeves.

I just added gardening lawyers to my PPs! Haha
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #148
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm hoping most are referring only to the ones that bark constantly. Usually the small breeds. We do have a Maltese, which is a yippy breed, but we don't take her camping. If we do, she stays inside, with the blinds drawn. Our big dogs don't bark unless someone invades their space(campsite).
Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #149
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
I see no reason for holiday weekends to be any different. Why would that excuse rude and inconsiderate behavior?
But I realise that is the norm, and why I never camp on such weekends.
Well, no excuse for rudeness, I guess I just meant crowded, busy, high energy, excitement, bigger groups, more of everything, so it's going to be noisier....I expect that on Holiday w/e's and like the added festiveness of it, but wouldn't want it like that all the time.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #150
Graduate Member

Quote:
I just added gardening lawyers to my PPs! Haha
Gardening lawyers are the worst! Organized gardens with strict laws and rules....

hey.

wait a minute.

that sounds....familiar....
2012 - 26 days

Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #151

drunks, loud music, dogs constant barking, kids not supervised, and just plain idiots

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #152

Quote:

Ones that bark consistently, even if it is just when another dog walks by with a human on the leash. One or two barks followed by a shutup is what I would expect. But people who leave their dog in a trailer to bark consistently for hours while they go hiking, biking or just out to dinner somewhere need to be booted from a campground.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakken View Post
Yup, another of my PPs, parents who send their kids out to ride their bikes around the campground, and around, and around, and around.
Hey, mom and dad need some time alone... gotta get rid of the kids somehow! Or else we'll turn into old cranky people with a long list of pet peeves!

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #154

Quote:

Especially those FAT squirrels that have no fear. They don't take the hint and scram.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

My wife and daughter kept taking them off..
How did you get them on your wife and daughter? Mine just give me an odd look if I go near them with it.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Loud drunks who are still partying at 2 AM.
+1. Sure don't mind folks getting together and having a good time, that's all in the experience, but on occasion, you run into groups of obnoxious drunks who act as though they own the campground with little regard for families camped next door. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but loud foul language around my granddaughters chaps my hide...
'14 nights camped:
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #157
win

Quote:
Originally Posted by force View Post
People that ask me to stop smoking pot. Puff puff give!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #158
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Ummmmm hello !
Why you think I started this thread?

I need to know what we can do where and around whom......
I've got a list started along with a map.

Collecting data
Want to borrow my drone ????
Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #159
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
+1. Sure don't mind folks getting together and having a good time, that's all in the experience, but on occasion, you run into groups of obnoxious drunks who act as though they own the campground with little regard for families camped next door. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but loud foul language around my granddaughters chaps my hide...
And what I hate more is CG owners that will not take care of it.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #160
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Want to borrow my drone ????
abso phlippen lootly !
Closed Thread