Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #1

Chrysler beer and refer

Ok today it was all over the news about the Chrysler employees drinking LARGE beers at lunch and what appeared to be refers

SO these guys got caught and sped off to go back to work

soooooo ask yourself about the safety of the vehicles these people that were probably under the influence are now putting vehicles together and sending them on down the line to dealers and roadways near your family.

lets not forget the police that ride around in patrol cars that were possibly assembled by these person

so your in traffic and BAM your hit by a Chrysler product.....its determined a bolt for the steering was not installed correctly...and just killed your passengers as the car slams into and it was discovered the bolts were installed ..by .....you guessed it MR. beer at lunch...

I worked many assembly lines and i know folks may or may not take a drink at lunch and its in no way condoned.

so we as non Chrysler driving persons should file a class action suit against Chrysler for allowing unsafe vehicles on the road.

or should maybe the NTSB immediately name all Chrysler vehicles built in the last year as UNSAFE and have them removed from the roads.
imagine the chaos.

or can we have our money back

I think tomorrow i will visit a Chrysler dealer and ask if their vehicles are safe, since they were built by intoxicated people
Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #2

Just think about how many pilots have been seen in the bar before flights or stopped just before getting airborne in the recent past.

I am sure it is prevelant in all things and Chrysler is probably not the only one but I am sure they do more than their fair share of dubie. Just look at the Pontiac Aztec and the PT Looser, oops I mean Cruiser. Someone had to have been smoking dope to come up with those two POSs and others. Someone over at Toyota was definatly blitzed when they designed the FJ Looser oops I mean Cruiser.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Just think about how many pilots have been seen in the bar before flights or stopped just before getting airborne in the recent past.

I am sure it is prevelant in all things and Chrysler is probably not the only one but I am sure they do more than their fair share of dubie. Just look at the Pontiac Aztec and the PT Looser, oops I mean Cruiser. Someone had to have been smoking dope to come up with those two POSs and and others. Someone over a Toyota was definatly blitzed when they designed the FJ Looser oops I mean Cruiser.
I have been aircrew that prolly shouldn't have climbed in.due to a large amount of adult beverages and burritos in my system...but i was just riding in the back of bus passing wind

i think getting caught on tape is absolutely PRICELESS

you forgot about the cadillac cimmaron (gussied up cavalier)
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:23 AM   #4

lol, you know how many Boeing employees have had liquid lunches in the past?

I'd be more worried about that.
2006 Sierra F28 Rear Kitchen 5th Wheel, 31' = 10k pounds.
Nights camped in 09-14, 2010-23
Mr. Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:14 AM   #5

I hope they were drinking GOOD beer!!!

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 AM   #6

i'm wondering how prevelent it really is. i worked in oil refining for 40 year. the first few years, a bottle would show up in the shop area. the last 15 yrs or so, it was extremely rare. u had a good chance of being talked to by ur fellow employees or being caught on a random drug test.
if ur coworker didn't get ur attention, it wasn't long before one of those randoms wasn't so random.

the co policy was that if u had a problem and came to them, (before u were caught) they would send u for treatment. when u came back, they would call u at odd times for a random...days off and all.

i also noticed that very few didn't wind up failing within the first 6mos and lost their job. i knew of abt a dozen that went thru the program in the last 15 yrs. i know of only 1 that suceeded.

i don't know what we fell under...interstate commerce or what, but it was mandated that we have random drug test. if it isn't like that in the auto industry, i'm wondering why not?
with us, they would tollorate .01 and may not send u home. above that, u were taken home then they would call u in and talk to you. i believe .04 was automatic termination. illegal drugs in ur system were automatic termination. any perscription drug u took had to be cleared thru medical (at work). if u were caught with a controled substance even if perscription and it wasn't approved (type and amt) you were gone.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

Ever go by Electric Boat in Groton, CT at lunchtime? I spent three plus years of my life in submarines built by drunks. Pride in workmanship is sometimes measured by the number of empty bottles left on the floor after lunch. As consumers, we do not always want to know who is putting our stuff together. Wonder if my TT was assembled by someone that had a few??? Might explain some is the warranty users......
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingsuppo46 View Post
As consumers, we do not always want to know who is putting our stuff together. Wonder if my TT was assembled by someone that had a few???
I'm sure you could put money on it...

2010 Ultra Work and Play 19UFB
lanceonthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #9

Beer, beer, beer.

Ice cold beverage at the campground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beer.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	3600   Click image for larger version

Name:	more beer.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	3601   Click image for larger version

Name:	even more beer.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	3602   Click image for larger version

Name:	campground.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	3603  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #10

It makes me wonder how many of you fine, upstanding citizen campers out there sneak alcoholic beverages of some type into state parks, where it is forbidden?? Just saying, looking in the mirror, sometimes the accuser is just as guilty as the accusee! Just a thought.....
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
It makes me wonder how many of you fine, upstanding citizen campers out there sneak alcoholic beverages of some type into state parks, where it is forbidden?? Just saying, looking in the mirror, sometimes the accuser is just as guilty as the accusee! Just a thought.....
Sneak is a hard word, if the alcoholic beverages are tucked under the mattress then the word sneak would be correct, but if it is in the fridge then I would not concider it sneaking, just don't let anyone open the door. That is upstanding.....I think.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #12

I believe all the state parks here allow adult beverages in your sites. You just can't be walking out on the roads and paths with it in marked containers.

It will otherwise be posted no alcoholic beverages like in the swimming areas and playgrounds.

Yes, I have been known to fracture a law or two at the parks by utilizing the unmarked container gray area hehe.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #13

Many years ago the company I worked for was the victim of a hidden camera investigation by the local news. Nobody in the company did anything wrong but it was sweeps month and they needed ratings so they fabricated a story that made us look like thieves. As a result the company was run out of buisness and many fine people lost their jobs. The owner sued the news organization and the lawyer discovered this was not an isolated incident. It is common practice for them to fabricate storys at the expense of hardworking honest people then settle lawsuits out of court, the cost of which is covered by their insurance. A confidentiality agreement is part of the settlement to protect their image.
Lets not assume your Dodge is built by a bunch of inebriated workers. Isn't it possible that they were off the job, consuming something other than booze or drugs or they were not employees of Chrysler? I'm not saying all these investigations are false, some have uncovered theft, fraud and exposed some bad people. Just remember, the truth isn't always as they make it seem!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Dateline & exploding C/K truck gas tanks.

'nuff said

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #15

and Suzuki Samurais that would just flip over if you put gas in them and drove them.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #16

I tend to stock a few wine coolers in the fridge, as well, myself. Also, I'm not saying drinking or drugs should be allowed at ANY job either, and those caught should most definitely be reprimanded. Just saying it happens more than most folks realize; and they got caught on camera. Randy
Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Not just an auto industry issue:

drug testing rv industry - Google Search

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #18

My first thought is...yeah, what a dispicable work ethic..or lack thereof. But then it dawned on me...some of the finest built machines, let alone cars, are built by Germans. They drink beer every day with nearly every meal and I would even bet on breaks too. Maybe it is just their level of tolerance...but a few beers might be the answer to better craftsmanship....just a thought.
drvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #19

I haven't had any problems with my Dodges!! And I have 3. Randy