Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #1

Dell Datasafe restore

I was having several problems with my laptop and decided to restore the computer to its factory image. I started the Dell Datasafe restore and it has been running for over 90 minutes. Does anyone know how long a restore normally takes? It is a Dell Inspiron 1510 and is about 2.5 years old running Windows 7.
Thanks.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Family Man with an RV

Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
It can take some time. The most important thing is to let it take the time it needs. Depending on your drive, any issues or data on your pc it can take hours. On the other hand, if it failed it may or may not tell you. The long and short of it is that in a few hours if there is no progress.... You may want to start over. not exactly a forest river issue but happy to try and help.
doctormdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I was having several problems with my laptop and decided to restore the computer to its factory image. I started the Dell Datasafe restore and it has been running for over 90 minutes. Does anyone know how long a restore normally takes? It is a Dell Inspiron 1510 and is about 2.5 years old running Windows 7.
Thanks.
Tom..... Not familiar with Dell Datasafe, but I normally re-install the operating system (in my case Windows 7) at least every 6 months. It puts the machine back to out-of-box condition and I can do it in less than 30 minutes from a standing start. Just my $.02 worth.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #4

Boo,
Dell DataSafe is a partition on the hard drive that Dell sets up and allows you to restore your machine to the image as it came from the factory. It was running so long that I did a hard shutdown (held the on/off button until the machine shut off). It was partially restored so I said what the hell and started the restore again. This time I let it run overnight and when I came down in the morning, it had completed. I don't know how long it took because it ran overnight, but it is back to the point that it was when I first received the machine. Am now in the process of putting it back to the way it was before I started having the problem.
Thanks for the input.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote