Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 02:40 PM   #21

That’s why we just bought an acre & half lot to camp on in the Rockies. Between drinkers, druggies, loud music, boorish behavior & dogs going unchecked, we had enough. Still camp with the masses when we’re out & about but when we’re home we camp on our land & thoroughly enjoy peace, quiet & solitude.
slomotion is offline   Reply
Old 02-03-2023, 03:15 PM   #22

I havent actually ever seen someone walking their dog who didnt pick up the mess (I am certain it has happened, just never witnessed it live). But have found many piles upon arrival, or while walking our dogs. Having 2 chihuahuas I can confirm the above statement that they tend to be smaller nuggets.

What I have witnessed on several occasions is the family arrive to the campground, and the first thing that happens is the kids jump out and take off for the playground, the dogs jump out and wonder around the adjacent sites (peeing and usually dropping landmines) while the owners are trying to get the trailer parked. They have no idea the dog left a gift on a neighboring site because they arent watching it.

Also on the same note, people that allow their dog off leash at their site. Without fail those are the dogs that are always crapping everywhere else. Again, the owner has no idea, not implying they wont clean it up if they see it, I have seen that too, but if you dont know its there, you arent going to go clean it up. More reason to keep your dog tethered/leashed in my opinion.

Old 02-03-2023, 05:23 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I'm all for making people pick up after their pets but I can see a number of ways that could go wrong.
I just had to log on to Able Mountain Campground site to read the rules. Not only the dogs rules, they have the longest campground rule that I have never seen in 60 some years camping.
Stevevermont is offline   Reply
Old 02-03-2023, 06:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevevermont View Post
I just had to log on to Able Mountain Campground site to read the rules. Not only the dogs rules, they have the longest campground rule that I have never seen in 60 some years camping.

I noticed more campgrounds adding more rules.
I just had to sign a document saying I read all the rules and regulations before booking my site.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:53 PM   #25

Oh, POOO

A while ago I witnessed something that just floored me . A pet owner was taking their pooch into Petsmart and it just happened Fido answered nature's call right by the poop bag station post. Did his bidness and they just walked on to the store. Just how inconsiderate do you have to be to leave a mess at the base of the station and walk off. Some people's children.
vasnipe is offline   Reply
Old 02-03-2023, 08:00 PM   #26

You mean not everyone worships "Fluffy"? Dogs are funny and cool, but they are still dogs. I've called out a ton of owners leaving mines laying about.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:40 AM   #27

Hmmm

The poop-aratzi

���� �� -->> ����

Under normal conditions, this rule shouldn't have a negative effect on any campground citizens who are acting responsibly.

I wonder if this campground had a prior problem or if they're just trying to nip it in the bud?
bkbonner is offline   Reply
Old 02-04-2023, 09:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1fan View Post
You mean not everyone worships "Fluffy"? Dogs are funny and cool, but they are still dogs. I've called out a ton of owners leaving mines laying about.
I sit in a chair under the awning in the morning drinking my coffee and have witnessed many times people leaving their dogs' gifts in vacate camping spot I've called out a couple and one woman (the worst offenders of this) had her husband come back and threaten me.
I tried a spot in no pet area in one campground, so what do you think happened.....the pet owners walk their dogs through this area and leave their dog gifts on purpose, what`s the point of complaining. These are the ones that weave in and out of lanes and tail gate you in the right lane on the way home.
They're not going to change, just to entitled and just don`t care what you think of them.
I try and find a no pet campground first when traveling but they`re few but they are growing in numbers.
Resse Goose box hitch, Mor/Ryde SRE 4000, X Factors, shocks... real smooth ride
BSHGTO is offline   Reply
Old 02-04-2023, 10:14 AM   #29
Site Team

Thread being closed for sake of forum harmony.

Sent from my SM-A025A using Forest River Forums mobile app

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply
Closed Thread