Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #1

Duramax low oil pressure warning

Within the last few weeks, the low oil pressure, shut down engine warning has come up on the instrument panel of my 2008 Silverado 3500HD duramax (97000 miles). It came on after pulling the 5th wheel and stopping at a light. It flashes and dings for a quick second or two then goes away. The oil pressure gauge (OEM) shows good oil pressure. Oil changed about a month ago. This happened about 2 years ago when we went to Mt Rushmore. Same scenario pulling into a fueling station. I changed the oil in the truck when we arrived at Mt Rushmore not knowing what else to do. I haven't checked the wiring to see if there are any bare spots on it. I have read on a few duramax forums that people have replaced the oil pressure sensor. Has anyone on here had a similar problem and can offer advice for a fix or possibilities? Getting ready to head out on a long trip.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #2

Duramax forum....
Your local dealer should have a bulletin on this issue from GM. Took mine in for the same problem and they re-programmed the low oil warning system. Seems to be OK now. The service writers were not sure initially, but later came out and told me after searching their records, they found a bulletin on this, so GM must of been made aware of the problem. I would'nt worry to much.....
Firestone Airbag Ride Rite system
paverdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, ram