Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2022, 07:40 PM   #21

We have two RadCity 5 Plus. Great bikes. Only drawback is their weight. Most outstanding thing about Rad is their customer service. Customer service has exceeded expectations!
Use the Honey app when you purchase online. Saved us $400+
Old 08-22-2022, 07:42 PM   #22

We love our Lectric XPs. In regards to the 100% chinese comment, yeah, they are. That's also why they were only $800 vs the 1500+ that other bikes cost at the time. I will say, aside from requiring a few adjustments of the brakes, they've been completely trouble free. And believe me, we ride them hard, in rough terrain. I'm actually surprised they've held up so well. I'm 100% satisfied with our purchase, and if they snapped in half tomorrow, I still feel that we've gotten $800 worth of entertainment and transportation out of em. JMHO
Old 08-22-2022, 07:54 PM   #23

E-Bikes

We purchased two Green Bike "Big Dog" fat tire 20" folding e-bikes that are about 70 lbs each. I roll them up an aluminum ramp into the bed of my Denali Dually one at a time, fold in half, set in the bed forward of the 5th wheel hitch and tie them down with straps. If we haul them without the trailer, I install a chain and lock. My hunt for an e-bike rack to mount on the rear 2' hitch has resulted in only racks that are not approved for the weight of our bikes and installation on a 5er, and I understand why, as the extended arm x weight and bouncing that is created along with the side to side sway makes this setup fairly risky. So far, none are approved for 5ers. My next idea is to install a heavy duty front mounted hitch receiver on the truck and wait for some company to to build a rack for heavy e-bikes. Any other options I have seen are two costly and are overkill for 140 lbs of bikes!
Curt Q24 Hitch

JoeDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:17 PM   #24

We had a lectric but I didn't liked the fat tires and the range. Also, I wanted more of a touring bike and ended up selling the foldable well built electric and bought an Aventon Level for more than double the money. But it was worth it because I use it more and not only on the campground.
HKapp66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:02 PM   #25
A Mile High & a Mile Deep

My wife and I have RAD Rover Step-through (Fat Tire) E-Bikes. We are very pleased with them. I think you'll find that RAD ebikes are a good value, unless you place a value on the "fancy brands" name value. Ours were less than $2,000 each, whereas we've seen others that range up to $13,000.
The range of the bikes is from 25-45 miles, depending upon the terrain (uphill/downhill) and how much pedal assist you require. In our style of terrain and pedal assist, we can verify they achieve this range.
We transport our bikes (71# each) on a receiver mount bike rack. We normally transport them on our front receiver hitch mount when towing our trailer, which doesn't have (or "permit") a rear receiver hitch.
P.S.- we're both old farts so we don't bike on the "edge" (we just try to keep them between the sides of the paved and gravel roads & trails.
If you go on RAD power bikes website, they also have showrooms so that you can take a ride on the bikes. They also have a map of businesses which rent RAD bikes so you can use them for a longer ride. One of the ones we were considering was in Gardiner Montana which has trips into Yellowstone Park (when the roads are finally rebuilt after this spring's floods).
Old 08-22-2022, 10:27 PM   #26
Happy Camper & Artist

I have a Sondors e-bike I got at Costco for $1400 and I love it. It is so easy to ride and I like it better than any of the ones I tested out before. It’s a step thru and it folds, but I rarely fold it.

We’re transporting it on the rack on the back of our Surveyor 24’, but it’s rather precarious. I liked that fold down rack when we got our Surveyor, but it doesn’t seem to work well for bikes. If someone has this trailer that has a good bike setup, I’d be interested to see what you did.
Happy__Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:29 AM   #27

Ebike suggested

We would highly recommend the Rattan bike on Amazon. They are the actual manufacturers for several brands listed above. You will get tons of features and the price is much better. We got the folding fat tire and upgraded to the 750 motor. We have had them for two years and can’t say enough good about them and the company. We are also impressed with the battery! Lasts an exceptional long time. We can never run it out. They also have the cargo baskets available too which are very well made!
janacurt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:17 AM   #28

There are two ways to go. You can find a local bike shop that sells ebikes where you can get service and warranty work done and you can try it out first, or you can buy online for usually a cheaper price where the customer service may be a little sketchy and you don’t have an option to try it out first. I bought online, a Juiced bike, the Rip Current S. I like it but I also know how to fix most things on it so the lack of service isn’t a big deal. It’s made in China but sold through a distributor in San Diego. Good luck in your search.
fordguy61mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleman View Post
I bought two Lectric bikes. Despite their advertising blitZ. In my opinion the company is a fraud. 100% Chinese made. I sent both back
That is an unfair comment since virtually ALL bikes are made in China including high dollar carbon fiber bikes.
SuwanneeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:07 AM   #30
ysidive

Quote:
I bought two Lectric bikes. Despite their advertising blitZ. In my opinion the company is a fraud. 100% Chinese made. I sent both back
Just wondering why you would think that the company is a fraud? I have purchased a bike from them and found that their customer service has been excellent. Yes they are made in Asia, and most of the other bikes are also made there. Not looking to argue, just wondering what you are totally against the Lectric Bike.
Days Camping 2022 Not Enough
ysidive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:15 AM   #31

Quote:

Another good reason to buy Lectric, seams like they will except any crazy reasons for returning a item.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:01 AM   #32
Norwood Auto Italia

Following.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:07 PM   #33

My wife and her friend who goes camping with us have iGo bikes and like them we'll. I have a. non-electric Cannondale that our local E-bike shop converted for me and it's been wonderful; I have a quadruple bypass and the conversion gave me my biking back.
Old 08-23-2022, 06:47 PM   #34

We purchased 2 Aventon Level Step Throughs earlier this year and so far we are happy with our purchase. We have a local bike shop that we visited before purchasing. They did not have the bikes in stock we wanted so we purchased directly from Aventon and they shipped to my residence within 5 days via FedEx.

The bike shop mentioned anyone interested in an E-bike should not consider anything under $1500 as this is the price point needed for quality and longevity.

The Level bikes are roughly 60lbs each and I chose to mount them in the back of the truck or on the rear rack of our trailer so they don't get road rash during transport. The front tires are placed on the bed inside the trailer so they don't get damaged. I have metal fabricating skills and a welding machine so it was a low cost solution versus purchasing a dedicated bike rack.

What we liked about the Aventon bikes are they don't really look like E-bikes, the battery is housed in the frame and they lock in place so the battery cannot be stolen. They came standard with a rear bike rack and fenders and a 750w motor capable of 28mph if unlocked. They are pedal assist with a throttle on demand.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:05 PM   #35
Site Team

Can anyone recommend a serious electric full suspension mountain bike?
I used to do mtb races in my 40s and 50s.
I will be getting full knee replacements within the next year and want to get back into serious riding again.
I'm familiar with Specialized's Turbo Levo line but not with other brands.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:54 AM   #36

The bike shop mentioned anyone interested in an E-bike should not consider anything under $1500 as this is the price point needed for quality and longevity.

LOL ! This is what you expect from a shop that marks up there bikes to support there life style. I’m sure the bike shop purchased the bikes for under $1500.
Do your own research, don’t listen to sales people. There are many people sharing there experiences on YouTube and other platforms.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:40 PM   #37

e-bikes

My wife and I bought Magnum Premium e-bikes about 2 years ago and its the best purchase of bikes we have made. I looked at on-line e-bikes and know we could have purchased a lot less expensive(Magnums were about $2100.00 each) but I was concerned if something went wrong, who would work on them. My wife wanted a smaller step-through and the Magnums do fold; handlebars down and bike folds in half and I can get them both folded in my F150 SuperCrew but I looked on-line and made a PVC pipe holder that holds the bikes upright in the bed of my truck as I just have a tow behind TT and have room in the truck bed. If it rains, I just lay the bikes down and pad them and roll closed my truck cover. Looked at several other e-bikes; Trek, Pedigo, Lectric, etc. and decided the Magnums worked best for us but price was a little hard to take but decided it was worth it to get out and ride and they are probably the last bikes we will ever need. The Magnums have 7 shifted gears, along with 7 peddle assist speeds and a thumb throttle if you want to use it. Whatever you decide, the e-bikes are fun an do get you out riding more than the peddle bikes ever did. Good luck and have fun!
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:01 AM   #38

Half fold

When folded these eBikes are heavy and awkward to handle. Luckily, I can drop the seat and handlebars on my lectric and I slide it right in to the back of my forerunner. Overall you’ll be better off paying a couple of hundred more for a rad. The controls on the lectric surge at awkward times and can throw you. The new lectrics have front suspension but it is so stiff that it’s useless. I’m thinking of putting a lighter oil in it to see if that will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4E0F7994-E582-48DE-9A68-8060AD49DB0F.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	278274  
Papadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:05 AM   #39

I had two Lectric bikes. Got rid of them after one week. 75lbs just too heavy.

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Can anyone recommend a serious electric full suspension mountain bike?
I used to do mtb races in my 40s and 50s.
I will be getting full knee replacements within the next year and want to get back into serious riding again.
I'm familiar with Specialized's Turbo Levo line but not with other brands.
I've been doing quite a bit of research on E-bikes been drawn to the bee-cool bikes . the reviews are pretty good , customer service seems to be on par with other E-bikes . the bigger batteries and greater range appeal to me the price is around $1500. bike has great features and is advertised on my FB page all the time , guess it's because i've been looking and the trackers got me . Haven't bought one yet . Also looked at E-bike generation 2 wheel drive meant for hunters but at over 5G it's just to much or i'm to cheap .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, electric