Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Forest River Discontinued Models

I have noticed over the last 6 months more and more competitive models of FR products are dealer stock only and full lines are being discontinued.
Just saw Spartan Toyhaulers are gone. Many others also met this fate. Some lines are down to one or two models from 8 or 10.
Are we in a RV oversupply issei or is this just reduction to increase bottom line for more profit?
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I have noticed over the last 6 months more and more competitive models of FR products are dealer stock only and full lines are being discontinued.
Just saw Spartan Toyhaulers are gone. Many others also met this fate. Some lines are down to one or two models from 8 or 10.
Are we in a RV oversupply issei or is this just reduction to increase bottom line for more profit?

They're probably weeding out the slow selling lines or models and the RV market has hit a slow down (over supply). Economists are also predicting a down turn in the economy in 2020.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #3

I did notice this with 2018 Cardinal 3825 FL which I got from dealer stock only in September 2018. The dealer had two Cardinals on their lot and I had to wait on one of them because there were two buyers ahead of me. Both of the buyers ahead of me couldn't get credit. So I got it. It listed for $116,500 and we got it for $68,500. The 2019 models of the Cardinal are not as many as the 2018s. I felt that we got that big of a discount because they were discontinued models?
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river