Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2022, 05:14 AM   #1

Forum Observations

I have been on this and a few other RV forums for nearly a year. This is by far the most informative, friendly, and “on topic” forum that I have found. Members here are knowledgeable, easy going, and willing to help without being condescending or possessing a superiority complex.
IRV2 forums are absolutely full of experts that will very politely tell you how stupid you are and how badly you screwed up. If you have the audacity to tell someone to STFU, the moderators will chastise you for not being polite.
IRV “experts” that make mistakes will post volumes about how the manufacturer created an unsafe situation with poorly designed equipment or instructions. If you point out that it was simply operator error and the instructions were not followed, the moderators will chastise you for being impolite.
There is one complete bunghole of a member on IRV2 that has even ranted that Active Duty Military should not frequent the military campgrounds as much or as often as they do so that the retirees can have more spots available for us since we have more time to enjoy the MWR facilities.
Letting this retired USCG officer know exactly what a butthead he is got me banned from IRV2. I am a little bit proud of that one… (and as a former enlisted aircrew man, I can only imagine how much his helicopter crew hated him when he was active)
I found two other forums that are friendly, but are all over the place with discussion. Quite a bit of medical advice sought and given, for example.

Any how, thanks to the FR forum, its members, and its moderators.
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:17 PM   #2

Second that motion

I second that motion despite no experience with the particular forum you mentioned. I’ve mentioned that this is the best to a select few deserving friends who can appreciate it. The flip side of some of the other groups are the folks that ignore facts and head down the road in unsafe ways often sharing the road with the rest of us.
Great bourbon-just about any of San Diego’s craft beer
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:41 PM   #3

I would agree they are too busy being the disinformation police over there. Unfortunately it felt a little politically biased on their site as well at times.

So I'll hang out here with you all, and will try to behave. But sometimes it is hard not to still call a pig a pig, just because you put lipstick on it.

Just remember it's better to scroll and roll if you do like a post.
nvs4602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:50 PM   #4
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Frisbie View Post
I have been on this and a few other RV forums for nearly a year. This is by far the most informative, friendly, and “on topic” forum that I have found. Members here are knowledgeable, easy going, and willing to help without being condescending or possessing a superiority complex.
IRV2 forums are absolutely full of experts that will very politely tell you how stupid you are and how badly you screwed up. If you have the audacity to tell someone to STFU, the moderators will chastise you for not being polite.
IRV “experts” that make mistakes will post volumes about how the manufacturer created an unsafe situation with poorly designed equipment or instructions. If you point out that it was simply operator error and the instructions were not followed, the moderators will chastise you for being impolite.
There is one complete bunghole of a member on IRV2 that has even ranted that Active Duty Military should not frequent the military campgrounds as much or as often as they do so that the retirees can have more spots available for us since we have more time to enjoy the MWR facilities.
Letting this retired USCG officer know exactly what a butthead he is got me banned from IRV2. I am a little bit proud of that one… (and as a former enlisted aircrew man, I can only imagine how much his helicopter crew hated him when he was active)
I found two other forums that are friendly, but are all over the place with discussion. Quite a bit of medical advice sought and given, for example.

Any how, thanks to the FR forum, its members, and its moderators.
Hey Dan, what did you do as enlisted aircrew? I was an airborne Mors operator in RC-135s. I did that for almost 6 years. But the Morse side kinda dried up, so I finished my career on the ground. Anyway, I've never been on the IRV site, but have heard quite a lot about it. I can believe what you are saying. Hats off to this forum. It is the best.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 06:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJunior View Post
Hey Dan, what did you do as enlisted aircrew? I was an airborne Mors operator in RC-135s. I did that for almost 6 years. But the Morse side kinda dried up, so I finished my career on the ground. Anyway, I've never been on the IRV site, but have heard quite a lot about it. I can believe what you are saying. Hats off to this forum. It is the best.
I was a Naval Aircrewman from 1982-2005. Spent most of my time in EP-3’s and Special Project P-3’s, but overall qualified in 7 different model aircraft during my career and amassed about 5000 flight hours.
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:21 AM   #6

I got nipped once by the site team for posting something in the wrong place. They were polite and confidential.
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote