Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #1

Great Tire Service Experience

Just wanted to pass on a recent experience we had while on our annual fall trip to visit family in Georgia. While in Cumming, Georgia we had a tire fail. I say fail because what actually happened was the belts seperated. It felt as if the tire was flat. Being from out of town I was a little uncomfortable with where I might take my truck. Keep in mind I had pulled a 5th wheel down from Upstate New York. I was referred to Corey's Automotive. After a short test ride the technician brought my truck into one of the service bays to show me the problem. He switched out the bad tire with my spare. He then referred me to a local BF Goodrich dealer, Bagwell and Mathis Tire also in Cumming. I asked how much was owed for the diagnostics and changing out the spare and was told I owed nothing. They told me they really had not done anything they would charge me for. Now that's true southern hospitality. I thanked them and proceeded to Bagwell and Mathis Tire. After a call to BF Goodrich I was told they could replace the tire under warranty. BF Goodrich authorized the discount and a technician at Bagwell and Mathis replaced both front tires as I wanted to replace them as a pair. Once again when I got the bill I received a surprise. The price of the tires was excellent to begin with but there was no charge for balancing. When I asked they told me that I had been through enough. Another thank you to Bagwell and Mathis. If ever you are near Cumming, Georgia, just north of Atlanta and need automotive or tire work I heartily endorse both of these businesses. And by the way BF Goodrich was great to deal with and stood behind their tires. I know this is a long post but I wanted to tell everyone about some great people I met on our trip.

Jim
Old 11-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #2

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Now that's information I can use! Thank you for the post.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:02 AM   #4

I too would like to make two recomendations from personal experiences. I feel obligated to do so because so many post of bad experiences.
#1. I recomend Newcastle RV for anyone going down I-95 around Brunswick, GA. They are on hwy 341, exit 36B just south of I-95. The service is great! They had one of their mechanics come in on a Sunday just so we could make our reservations in the Keys. He worked all day repairing a torn up wheel well from a tire seperation.
#2. I recomend Barns Tire on Community Rd in Brunswick, GA. They [Bobby and Kendle Barns] rush ordered 4 Maxxis tires for me. Got them the next day! They ballanced and mounted them for $30 less PER TIRE than I could have bought them on Amazon AND gave me a written warranty for trailer tires. The tires were less than 90 days old per the sidewalls.
I can't say enough for these two companies. I do not live in Brunswick.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado2500HD View Post
Just wanted to pass on a recent experience we had while on our annual fall trip to visit family in Georgia. While in Cumming, Georgia we had a tire fail. I say fail because what actually happened was the belts seperated. It felt as if the tire was flat. Being from out of town I was a little uncomfortable with where I might take my truck. Keep in mind I had pulled a 5th wheel down from Upstate New York. I was referred to Corey's Automotive. After a short test ride the technician brought my truck into one of the service bays to show me the problem. He switched out the bad tire with my spare. He then referred me to a local BF Goodrich dealer, Bagwell and Mathis Tire also in Cumming. I asked how much was owed for the diagnostics and changing out the spare and was told I owed nothing. They told me they really had not done anything they would charge me for. Now that's true southern hospitality. I thanked them and proceeded to Bagwell and Mathis Tire. After a call to BF Goodrich I was told they could replace the tire under warranty. BF Goodrich authorized the discount and a technician at Bagwell and Mathis replaced both front tires as I wanted to replace them as a pair. Once again when I got the bill I received a surprise. The price of the tires was excellent to begin with but there was no charge for balancing. When I asked they told me that I had been through enough. Another thank you to Bagwell and Mathis. If ever you are near Cumming, Georgia, just north of Atlanta and need automotive or tire work I heartily endorse both of these businesses. And by the way BF Goodrich was great to deal with and stood behind their tires. I know this is a long post but I wanted to tell everyone about some great people I met on our trip.

Jim

I live in Cumming and only use Bagwell-Mathis for all my tire needs. They treat everyone the same way.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
C. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:24 PM   #6

Please give my best to the staff at Bagwell-Mathis. I'll be back down this fall. I have 2 grandsons in Cumming.

Tags
service, tire