Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 04:30 PM   #21
Enjoying Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
So.. you all might find this interesting..

I have an Airsense 10. I literally just called my provider this morning to complain about a loss of pressure. Over the past few weeks I have also been noticing bits of black foam in the water tank just like they're indicating in the Phillips recall.

The provider indicated that the use of a SoClean (Ozone) sterilization machine was recognized as the leading cause of this type of failure. They also indicated that the manufacturer said that the foam and other internal components could deteriorate over time with prolonged use of this equipment.

I wonder if these two machines share similar components/suppliers?

When I registered for the recall, one of the questions asked was did you use an ozone cleaning device. It is any ozone device. My doctor originally told me when I got mine to use soap and water with a little diluted vinegar and nothing else. According to my doctor they will still repair or replace any of the devices regardless of use of ozone.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:18 PM   #22
D W

Not a CPAP user, but I am seeing ads on T.V. by a law firm that has filed a Class Action Suit against at least 11 different manufacturers of CPAP's. Must be something really, really wrong. Appears the trial lawyers are all over it.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy View Post
I was diagnosed some years ago and got a CPAP. When I turned 65, medicare wouldn't give me any supplies until I did a sleep study. They decided I wasn't sick enough and refused to give me a new system or supplies for my old one. I think it's the way for the government to kill off us old farts.

Jim.
Medicare requires a prescription for CPAP supplies from my GP Doctor. I also can not get CPAP supplies from the sleep clinic that did my sleep study. Medicare says it is a conflict of interest.

I talked to Phillips yesterday about my DreamWear Gel Pillows. Phillips is discontinuing the DreamWear Gel Pillows & replacing them with DreamWear silicone pillows.

Phillips has DreamWear Gel Pillows in their warehouse because as soon as they told the dealer they were discontinuing the DreamWear Gel Pillows, they stopped buying them.

My supplier has none and will not order any more. I will have to find a new CPAP supplier for DreamWear Gel Pillows.

But I did ask about the recall on the CPAP machines. They are shipping FedEx & he said to make sure I had FedEx notification enabled.

The box will also have a return label for your old machine.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
Medicare requires a prescription for CPAP supplies from my GP Doctor. I also can not get CPAP supplies from the sleep clinic that did my sleep study. Medicare says it is a conflict of interest.

I talked to Phillips yesterday about my DreamWear Gel Pillows. Phillips is discontinuing the DreamWear Gel Pillows & replacing them with DreamWear silicone pillows.

Phillips has DreamWear Gel Pillows in their warehouse because as soon as they told the dealer they were discontinuing the DreamWear Gel Pillows, they stopped buying them.

My supplier has none and will not order any more. I will have to find a new CPAP supplier for DreamWear Gel Pillows.

But I did ask about the recall on the CPAP machines. They are shipping FedEx & he said to make sure I had FedEx notification enabled.

The box will also have a return label for your old machine.

I buy all of my cpap supplies from Amazon. My insurance won’t pay for the supplies until my deductible is met. I’m not going to pay a Cpap provider 3x the price. No prescription needed for supplies, just the machine. Been using Amazon for supplies for almost 15 years. Never have had an issue with receiving counterfeit supplies.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:40 AM   #25

Registered my machine under the recall about two months ago and received the replacement last week. Pretty fast considering there are supposed to be ten of thousands of these machine that need to be replaced. I own my machine so I do not intend to send it anywhere. My pulmonologist told me that incorrect cleaning with ozone was believed to be the issue. Suggested that I just buy an in-line CPAP air hose filter and keep the old machine as a stand-by. I am pretty meticulous on cleaning and have not noticed any of the foam particles. Just got my filters from Amazon today.
Cahriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #26
Trailer Park Supervisor

Cahriad, glad to see they sent you a new unit. I finally got around to registering my Respironics System One REMstar Pro, and yes, it is affected by recall. Hope they send me a new unit, but I didn't say I used oxygen to clean unit, because I didn't.

Here is the link to plug your serial number in to see if it is recalled:
https://www.philipssrcupdate.experti...ation?ulang=en
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:52 PM   #27
Trailer Park Supervisor

Anybody else with a Phillips Respironics System One have the humidifier heater/hose heat fail? Mine quit years ago, which is not a big deal since I'm used to not using the humidifier section, but it seem like a lot of people on online forums have had this issue. Apparently a wire that attaches to control board burns up on the terminal. Really hoping they send me a new machine under recall, but won't hold my breath as long as I've had mine.
Old 01-03-2022, 09:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Anybody else with a Phillips Respironics System One have the humidifier heater/hose heat fail? Mine quit years ago, which is not a big deal since I'm used to not using the humidifier section, but it seem like a lot of people on online forums have had this issue. Apparently a wire that attaches to control board burns up on the terminal. Really hoping they send me a new machine under recall, but won't hold my breath as long as I've had mine.
I had the same problem. It doesn't work. I asked about it, but the insurance just paid for a new system.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:34 AM   #29
Trailer Park Supervisor

Thanks matman, I have a feeling this is a common problem with that unit. I saw a video online where a guy takes cover off main unit, and you can see one of the wires going to the circuit board is all burnt and scorched from poor wire contact. He solders the wire directly to the circuit board terminal, and it's all good again.

My unit has to be over 10 years old, I'm probably going to see about insurance replacing it, if Phillips does not notify me they will replace under warranty.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:32 PM   #30
Trailer Park Supervisor

So just an update, my new unit shipped from Philips to replace my system ONE and arrives any minute. It took Philips 1 year and 2 months to accomplish this, all the time my machine was potentially poisoning me (plus all the time before that!).

My understanding is the replacement will be the black Dream Station 2, which according to the majority of Google reviews, is a one star piece of crap. Yay.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:30 PM   #31

I have the resmed air sense 11 and it is a great unit.
Nice to see you posting again Kris!
Old 02-04-2023, 05:52 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
Nice to see you posting again Kris!
X2
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 11:10 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvs4602 View Post
Ok everyone, if you haven't heard of Inspire then you are missing out.
I went through the process and it is SUPER!
If you are using a CPAP machine,I would suggest you research it and check it out.
It is fully aid for by Medicare. Not everyone can qualify but it is very easy to use, you sleep tons better and the devise battery last 10 years.

Check it out!!
Falcon900Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 02:33 PM   #34
Trailer Park Supervisor

So I've used replacement Philips Dream Station 2 machine for 2 nights now. Two mornings in a row I have waken up not feeling sick. For years now, I have always waken up with severe congestion and sneezing. ENT tested me and ruled out any allergies. If this feeling good in the morning continues, it will be pretty obvious the old machine I've used for >10 years has been making me sick. So if you've been using the recalled machine and feeling like this, consider that you may be being poisoned by your recalled machine.
Old 02-06-2023, 05:32 PM   #35

Quote:
So I've used replacement Philips Dream Station 2 machine for 2 nights now. Two mornings in a row I have waken up not feeling sick. For years now, I have always waken up with severe congestion and sneezing. ENT tested me and ruled out any allergies. If this feeling good in the morning continues, it will be pretty obvious the old machine I've used for >10 years has been making me sick. So if you've been using the recalled machine and feeling like this, consider that you may be being poisoned by your recalled machine.
I am glad you are sleeping better. When I got my 1st CPAP in 2014, I was amazed that I was dreaming again.

I used to get sick on mine until I started cleaning the mask daily. I clean my mask & dry in a Hurricane CPAP Equipment Dryer.

I run the Hurricane dryer for an hour to dry my masks. I am on my 2nd Hurricane dryer. The first lasted six years. (2015-2021)

The hose is harder to clean. So I just have insurance to send me a new hose when it is dirty.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:43 PM   #36

Quote:
... For years now, I have always waken up with severe congestion and sneezing. ...
I've always had bad allergies. CPAP consistently resolves my nasal congestion overnight. I use nasal pillows and think the slight positive pressure basically pushes the edema out of my nasal passages. If I'm too stuffy when I go to bed I can't get to sleep without Afrin but if I'm slightly stuffy I just put up with it, knowing I'll be clear in the AM.

I just updated the Philips patient portal with our election for the auto CPAP. How long does it take to get the new machine once they have that?

The DS2 will replace the old SystemOne 560s we relegated to our travel trailer. Fortunately, it uses the same 12V DC adapter. (DW and I are both CPAP users.)

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 06:51 PM   #37
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
I've always had bad allergies. CPAP consistently resolves my nasal congestion overnight. I use nasal pillows and think the slight positive pressure basically pushes the edema out of my nasal passages. If I'm too stuffy when I go to bed I can't get to sleep without Afrin but if I'm slightly stuffy I just put up with it, knowing I'll be clear in the AM.

I just updated the Philips patient portal with our election for the auto CPAP. How long does it take to get the new machine once they have that?

The DS2 will replace the old SystemOne 560s we relegated to our travel trailer. Fortunately, it uses the same 12V DC adapter. (DW and I are both CPAP users.)
Yes, I have the same luck with the CPAP in actual use, it tends to relieve congestion. Even with a cold I breathe through nose well. It was right after waking up and taking it off that the congestion you described would start. ENT doctor did the prick test and could not find anything I was allergic to. I think it was about a month or two after updating patient portal with the 'no prescription needed' that they sent the Dream Station 2. And yes, I can confirm is uses same spec power cord as the System One, so I'm happy I'll be able to use my old 12vdc cord in the camper. I started using the humidifier on new machine again, since humidifier on old machine broke years ago. So I still don't know if my disappeared morning sneezing/snotting/stuffiness is the result of using CPAP humidifier, or the old machine off-gassing something foul that was making me sick.
Old 02-09-2023, 07:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Yes, I have the same luck with the CPAP in actual use, it tends to relieve congestion. Even with a cold I breathe through nose well. It was right after waking up and taking it off that the congestion you described would start. ENT doctor did the prick test and could not find anything I was allergic to. I think it was about a month or two after updating patient portal with the 'no prescription needed' that they sent the Dream Station 2. And yes, I can confirm is uses same spec power cord as the System One, so I'm happy I'll be able to use my old 12vdc cord in the camper. I started using the humidifier on new machine again, since humidifier on old machine broke years ago. So I still don't know if my disappeared morning sneezing/snotting/stuffiness is the result of using CPAP humidifier, or the old machine off-gassing something foul that was making me sick.
Funny, in our younger years we would be sitting around lying about our sexual conquest and the money we make. Now in our later years we talk about our ailments, CPAP pressures, our prescription drugs. [emoji16][emoji2321][emoji481][emoji482]
Old 02-09-2023, 07:24 PM   #39
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Circus View Post
Funny, in our younger years we would be sitting around lying about our sexual conquest and the money we make. Now in our later years we talk about our ailments, CPAP pressures, our prescription drugs. [emoji16][emoji2321][emoji481][emoji482]
Right??? I didn't think hitting my 50's would be like this!!!. 4 surgeries in 3 years and not even 58 yet!!!
Old 02-15-2023, 10:29 AM   #40

VA provided me with the ResMed Air Sense 10 a couple years ago, replace the masks and tubes regularly. A year ago, I bought one of the SoClean ozone cleaners and use it monthly.

I can't sleep on my back without it.
Here lies dead and hard,
the last damn dog
that pooped in my yard
Silver Lake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall