Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
retired farmer

Looking Forward To Camping in 2018

2017 was a tough one. My wife spent 11 months battling lung cancer and passed away on October 17. Gonna take a long time to heal my heart. We were together for 47 years and married for 44. She loved to camp and was decorating our 5th wheel in a bear theme. We loved camping with friends or by ourselves with our dogs. It will be very different without her.:canada-flag-waving
dirtfarmer48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #2

Really, really sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing my wife after 38 years together.

God Bless you!
Tony & Catnis, campin' kitties
Bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:41 AM   #3
Road Trippin

I have been married for 19 years and would be devastated if I lost my wife. Though I cannot yet relate to your loss, I have however lost pretty much my entire family other than her...I have been down my own unique path and lost my family before I was 30.

I lost my parents at a young age and my 2 brothers are both gone. I can add more relatives to the list but there's no point.

The one thing that I have learned is that life is a blessing. Everyone we love are blessings in our life. Since I am a believer in God I believe everything and everyone He has given me is a gift to be cherished. I have found comfort in being thankful for the blessings He has given me and plan to continue to live as though I am always greatful.

Everything that has been given to me can be taken away, and I know my wife can be on that list as well.

I Hope within time you are again able to live your life in happiness. Continue to travel and camp see some new places and try to fill the void you have with some new happy memories.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

So sorry for your loss.
32 years with my DW and I can't imagine how you are feeling.

I hope you find the comfort necessary to move forward and continue. I believe those who have gone on would want us to do that.

God Bless.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #5
Insert witty title here

My wife has dementia. She currently still has all her faculties, her speech is is getting effected and is becoming increasingly difficult to understand, especially on the phone. This has added urgency to the whole bucket list as I try very hard to fulfill as many of her lifelong travel dreams as possible before her mind gives out.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Looking Forward To Camping in 2018

My sympathies on your loss. We have been married 45 years this September, have known each other since 1960, and grew up on the same street. Don’t know what I would do without her as we love traveling together during our retirement. Hope to travel as much as we can. Glad you are getting back in.

Life is good. Enjoy it while you can.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping