Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #1

Missing Grand Kids

Anyone else itching to get out with the grand kids? Clara is my two year old grand daughter. My daughter just texted me. "Clara was just looking at the camper and then proceeded to name it's headlights as eyes, it's grill as mouth, the bunk part as it's head and then the AC thing on top as it's hat. They have a 70's mini winnie. Then my daughter asked her if she wanted to go camping soon, and she said NO!

Then she asked of she wanted to go camping with Grammy and Grumpa, and she said "CAMPING WID GRAMMY AND GRUMPA.
aldermanjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldermanjb View Post
Anyone else itching to get out with the grand kids? Clara is my two year old grand daughter. My daughter just texted me. "Clara was just looking at the camper and then proceeded to name it's headlights as eyes, it's grill as mouth, the bunk part as it's head and then the AC thing on top as it's hat. They have a 70's mini winnie. Then my daughter asked her if she wanted to go camping soon, and she said NO!

Then she asked of she wanted to go camping with Grammy and Grumpa, and she said "CAMPING WID GRAMMY AND GRUMPA.
Sounds like a cute grand daughter. My youngest grand daughter is a little older. She's graduating from college next month

When they're that young they only want to be with grand parent. When they're old enough to drive they become ghosts.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldermanjb View Post
Awwww..... That's so sweet and sad. Can you connect to them through video on the computer? It doesn't make up for holding her though.
Our granddaughter is one of those 'ghosts' who's grown and busy with her life working from home for now.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #4

My wife and I call on Skype each day after lunch and read from chapter books. I has been great. They are 3, 5, and 9. They love it.
USS Decatur DDG-31 1971-1975
Inlineskater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:31 PM   #5

Yea that is one of the toughest parts of being under this house arrest thing. At least we can facetime with them every day. This will be the first Easter egg hunt we have ever missed.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:34 PM   #6

I miss mine but not enough to take a chance of getting or giving this virus from or to them.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:48 PM   #7

We went from long time empty nesters to living in a 3 generation household including our 3 year old grandson. While I love them, I will not be too sorry when they can return home to Ohio. What is left of my hairline may not survive another 6 weeks much less 6 months of togetherness.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #8

Consider yourself lucky that you live that close. Mine are 800, 850, and 900 miles away in 3 different directions.

Now, I did find out today one was accepted to Penn State's Doctoral Program. She is supposed to "graduate" Colorado State next month............but of course no formal assembly is gonna be happening. So, if the Lord lets this place get back to normal, she will be starting next fall with a sweet intern deal.

another one is supposed to graduate from high school next month. Big time in his life. It ain't happening either.

The smallest one is 11. I am not sure but what he has the most mature attitude to all this than the rest.

In the words of the famous Alan Zahn (a famous Razorback basketball player from the Eddie Sutton era), who said in a tv interview in about 1978 "Life's a bitch and then you die". I think he ran a bunch of laps after that. But that quote has always stuck with me.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 PM   #9

I feel very lucky. All our G-Kids are local....20 minute drive to one house. We've been able to see all of them once or twice a week. I have withdrawals if I don't get to see them.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:02 PM   #10
Citrus County, Fl.

Our 2 granddaughters live 500 miles away. We have not seen them since November due to DW needing back surgery and she can't make the trip. Surgery was scheduled for this past March 26 so we had high hopes of a visit in May but now that is on hold until all this is over. Our only hope is to make it for the youngest one's 4th birthday at the end of July.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:29 PM   #11

Very cute. Makes me miss family. No grand kids yet thankfully as my son is 16.

We are doing a drive by parade for my nephew's second birthday saturday. We will all sit in cars while he opens a few gifts on the driveway. We are adding a zoom confrence for some more distant family members and they are putting a gopro on him for his view. I am taking the trailer for the parade...he loves trucks and trailers. I was planning a trip to take both my nephews this year but who knows if it will happen at this rate.

This will be the first Easter we have not gotten together I can ever remeber. There were a few years where someone may have been missing but most of us always got together. It's really tough missing the little ones because they bring so much joy to it and you only get so many years of that.

Do a confrence with them so you get some time with them!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #12

Mine are 10 minutes away. Out in the country with a huge deck. We visited them a couple days ago during nice weather. Didn't go inside or hug them, but we could see and talk to them.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:27 PM   #13

Brokenhearted

I have two and a half year old identical twin granddaughters, with whom I have spent almost every weekday since they came home from the NICU. I'm like a second mom to them. Being separated is painful for all of us. We video chat every day, but I'm not there for stubbed toes, temper tantrums, reading, etc. I think if my husband and I could really quarantine for two weeks, we could go see them, but my husband works in a covid-19 hospital. We sleep in separate rooms now, but only have one full bath. I'm missing so much already. Now they are talking to each other, which I hadn't seen before. I'm afraid they'll be three before I can see them again.