Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #1
Failure is my business

Motor trend on demand renewal

In case anyone else is a Roadkill fan. I got a subscription renewal notice email. Went to the website to log into my account and noticed their current 2 year rate is $89. Logged in to check my renewal and saw it was set to re new at $107 Which is the rate I paid two years ago. I'm not a fan of paying extra for stuff so I sent a polite email asking why it was different.

Here is the reply I received:

"I'm sorry for any confusion caused and thank you for your question. I notice that you have been received the automated email as a reminder for your next renewal subscription. Since the rate of your 2-year subscription plan is $107, the current subscription will remain the same as before when you created the subscription.*

If you would like to start a new subscription at the current price point or promotion, you must cancel the current subscription, wait for it to lapse, and then resubscribe.

In order to change your subscription plan, you would have to cancel your current 2-year plan and re-subscribe with your preferred plan. Please note that once you cancel your current subscription, you will have to wait until the billing lapse on 02/14/2018 before you can re-subscribe.

However, I'd like to assure that you will continue to have access to that date. Once the billing date lapse, you can log in to your account, click on the "Subscribe Now" prompt within your my account page, and select your new subscription plan."

So before you renew, check your rate and cancel your subscription so you can take advantage of the lower rate.

( Though now I'm wondering if they're going to lower the rate further and if I should only take the one year sub. Blah.)
Old 01-18-2018, 07:53 AM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Wow you sure are paying a high rate. I pay about $12 a year. I do not do on line and they send me bills but I ignore till they get desperate then I get the good rate. Guess its folks like you that keep my rate low Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote