Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #1

My Love for the RV Life

This afternoon, my son and I were on I-40W here in Raleigh headed to Cary. I do lawn maintenance and we were going to knock out one of my commercial accounts this afternoon since its supposed to be so wicked cold this coming week. Get it out of the way now versus Tuesday when everything's frozen solid.

But while enroute, I noticed heading east a truck pulling a travel trailer. I notice pretty much every RV I see when traveling and this one just had that look like they were heading somewhere fun. Bikes were loaded on the back rack.

I have no idea where they were heading. The beach? Maybe even Fort Wilderness? I don't know. But I envision the family with the joy you get when heading out on an RV trip. Hopefully they were heading somewhere warm and fun.

I know its goofy but I love the RV life so much, it actually makes me smile when I see folks on the road with their RVs, even when I'm on my way to work.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:53 PM   #2

I could not agree more. I notice every RV on the road. We head out in the morning for Myrtle Beach. It will be a little warmer there than here but still cold. Don't care. We will be camping!!!![emoji904][emoji904][emoji904]

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
I could not agree more. I notice every RV on the road. We head out in the morning for Myrtle Beach. It will be a little warmer there than here but still cold. Don't care. We will be camping!!!![emoji904][emoji904][emoji904]
Awesome. I live off exit 303. I'll stand on the bridge and just wave.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:44 PM   #4
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
I know its goofy but I love the RV life so much, it actually makes me smile when I see folks on the road with their RVs, even when I'm on my way to work.
We need a "Like" button.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:14 AM   #5
Road Trippin

Every time I am driving down the road, in my RV or not and I see another RV drive by I always look. Sometimes because I just want to see their set up, sometimes because I see a really nice expensive rig and I wonder what someone has to do to own something that extrordnary...Sometimes because I see something and wonder how it even is moving without falling apart...sometimes because I like to compare there's and mine and I think...mines better than that one. Lol.

I love RVing too. Swore to myself I will always have one until the day I can physically no longer manage the lifestyle.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:43 AM   #6
"On the road again"

KFX450RXC - you are not alone. My wife and I say "Lucky Dogs" any time we see another RV headed down the road. We never know whether they're heading out on a trip or coming home, but regardless - they're lucky dogs to be part of the RV Lifestyle.

We've been doing this since 2001 and hopefully have many more years ahead of us to be part of the lucky dog crowd.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:45 AM   #7

+1
Sometimes I dam near kill myself trying to figure out what brand is heading the other way on the highway- It puts me in daydream mode thing of my next trip!
Old 12-31-2017, 07:33 AM   #8
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
KFX450RXC - you are not alone. My wife and I say "Lucky Dogs" any time we see another RV headed down the road. We never know whether they're heading out on a trip or coming home, but regardless - they're lucky dogs to be part of the RV Lifestyle.

We've been doing this since 2001 and hopefully have many more years ahead of us to be part of the lucky dog crowd.
We're like that, too. If we see a rig, no matter what type, heading in the opposite direction, DW always says, "Where'ya going? Where ya been?" And yeah, it's fun trying to see the setups and brands on the highway. DW's big thing is to see if everything matches; toad to MH and TV to TT/5er. In our case, we contrast - white MH and black toad.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:43 AM   #9

All this time, I thought it was just me.

Yes, I ponder where they're going. Yes, I look at their set-up. Yes, I try to guess what the rig is.

My wife thinks its silly but I often try to guess the brand of an oncoming camper as early as possible. Kind of like a game. Sometimes I nail it really early but the wife just doesn't seem to get it. Its a personal victory I guess.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:17 AM   #10

Count me in on that. Now that we have retired we get to do this all the time and not daydream about it anymore. I hope that all of you that still work can come out to play in the future. BTW and I'm with Grinch that my DW does exactly the same with the color schemes. To borrow (well kinda) from the Pirates of the Caribbean, "It's the RV life for me".
Happy New year and happy new RV adventures guys!
68 Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
Awesome. I live off exit 303. I'll stand on the bridge and just wave.

Ha! We actually stopped there at the Speedway so I could air up the truck air bags. I forgot that step yesterday.

I looked for you. Perhaps you were behind a tree[emoji2][emoji2]

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Ha! We actually stopped there at the Speedway so I could air up the truck air bags. I forgot that step yesterday.

I looked for you. Perhaps you were behind a tree[emoji2][emoji2]