Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #21

NOW you're talkin !
dwarsocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarsocki View Post
Missed it, I bet Brady was pouting bad as usual !
It's not easy being the GOAT. But every fan in the country would drool to have had him on their favorite team. Just stating the facts Maam.😁
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
Don't care for baseball because it comes down to how much money they spend on getting players. No sport is pure and that's where baseball has their impurities. Plus it is so slooooow and therefore boring. It feels like I could give my car a good wash and wax between pitches. ZZZZZZZZZZ...
I love it when the biggest payroll Yankees don't make it to the playoffs.

At least in baseball their champion is undisputed.
JCDMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDMeyer View Post
I love it when the biggest payroll Yankees don't make it to the playoffs.

At least in baseball their champion is undisputed.
Any sport that doesn't use so called "expert" opinion has undisputed champions. Baseball, football, hockey, etc. Baseball is not the only sport.

However, strike and ball calls are an ump's opinion. Just like penalties in football and hockey are called based upon opinions. So in this sense all of them are somewhat questionably pure with undisputed champions.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDMeyer View Post
I don't give a crap about the NFL. However at least its champion is not selected by a bias committee. The Buckeyes and Patriots can each have that one horrible game yet in the NFL it's just a loss. In college it costs you your playoff chances.
Two bad losses really. 31-16 to a lower ranked Oklahoma team (granted OK team had a great season), and the 55-24 loss to Iowa.

I think Alabama with only one loss (close loss) to Auburn logically makes them the better choice. Last year OSU got in the same way basically.

Hard to pick a two loss team and make them one of the top 4 teams in the country, regardless of which conference they are in.

Personally, I think the CFB playoffs should simply be the conference champions all playing until the last man standing.

Mike
Old 12-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by walaby View Post
Two bad losses really. 31-16 to a lower ranked Oklahoma team (granted OK team had a great season), and the 55-24 loss to Iowa.

I think Alabama with only one loss (close loss) to Auburn logically makes them the better choice. Last year OSU got in the same way basically.

Hard to pick a two loss team and make them one of the top 4 teams in the country, regardless of which conference they are in.

Personally, I think the CFB playoffs should simply be the conference champions all playing until the last man standing.

Mike
I agree 100%. Alabama didn't win their conference championship, they should not go. OSU didn't win last year and should not have gone.

This year USC or OSU Both won their respective conference championships and either should have been selected over Alabama.

Alabama had a very weak scheduled besides struggling with Mississippi State, losing to a 3 loss Auburn, they did not prove IMO to be one of the top 4 teams in the country.

Hopefully the committee will soon be a thing of the past.

Either do away with the CFP or make it a minimum of 8 teams all conference champions, period.

Actually I favor doing away with the playoffs. Go back to the good old days when the BIG Ten champion went to the Rose Bowl.

As a concession, at least the B1G Champion is playing the PAC12 champion. The way it used to be. Except it's the Cotton Bowl at a neutral site.

The committee has pretty much spoiled The College Football Playoffs for me. Every other team sport follows guidelines in order to advance to the playoffs.
JCDMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #27

The Steelers traditionally do poorly against teams that got spanked the previous week.

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymil View Post
The Steelers traditionally do poorly against teams that got spanked the previous week.
It would be a nice win if they could pull it off
NOREASTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOREASTRV View Post
It would be a nice win if they could pull it off
Yes it would!

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote