Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 08:46 AM   #1

Passport America

I got an email from FROG about Passport America which seemed like a good deal With that said i looked up the camps in ID, Mt, NV and was surprised at the restrictions placed on the use of the discount from PA. Generally the PA discount was only valid for one night camping durning the week Mon-Thur and not good durning the summer months of June thru July.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I’m watching this thread to see feedback from those that have PA.

Sounds good, but like SeaDog says, what are the restrictions you don’t hear about in their promotions?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #3

We already have Passport America and yes you have to watch the restrictions, last year we used it for 8 nights so it paid for itself. Some places will extend over their restrictions but it is up to the individual and maybe how they are approached, it's not perfect but can be useful, heck we even told them FROG Bob sent us so they could get the credit
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Always Learning

I have paid for it a time or two now and rarely get use out of it. I hear people like dblr getting amazing use like the 8 nights of it but I have never been able to finagle the same.

We don’t often do overnights and when we do, we’ll just as likely hit a Walmart or something.

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten my money back out of savings for it. Same with the KOA Membership.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
Site Team

We've had PA for a number of years.
We never camp in the Summer nor weekends or holidays.
So it has worked well for us.
Now that we're retired, the PA choices in the winter/early spring are more limited.
But we still can find nice places, during that time, for $17-$25 per night.
If you have kids or can only camp during summertime or weekends or holidays, PA is not worth buying.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I have paid for it a time or two now and rarely get use out of it. I hear people like dblr getting amazing use like the 8 nights of it but I have never been able to finagle the same..
We got lucky in Branson that offered it for the total length of stay ( which is rare ) then up where we stayed to tour Marceline Mo. they only offered it for one night but would honor Good Sam discount for the other 2 nights.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I also received the email and looked at parks in Ontario, very restrictive and a no deal for us.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #8

We used PA for a couple of yrs, it more than paid for itself, ... came time to renew, not long after doing so, I got an offer to upgrade to their lifetime membership w/credit for the remaining time I had left on my renewal period, ... we were sold on it and knew we would continue to use it, but what interested us most about the lifetime membership was that it is "one time transferable", ... so whenever we get tired of having fun with our camper, we can pass that LIFETIME membership on to my son or to anyone else, and they can continue to get benefit from it, ... so we consider it to be well worth the cost, ... each cg sets its own rules as to how it participates with PA, some have very limited stays but some do not, ... we've stayed over two weeks at one cg which accepted it for the entire period, ... also at a Jellystone Park for two weeks and they took the PA for all the week days and Good Sam for the weekends, ... we highly recommend PassPort America, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #9

We have PA and use it when possible. We realize that there are restrictions in using PA but have saved enough to continue paying for it. We have stayed in great campgrounds and some rather sketchy places. The worst site I have ever camped in was a PA campground. The nicest campground was also a PA campground.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:03 PM   #10
Director, FROG

[Moderators, I posted this in the other Passport America thread that also started today, but took the liberty of posting it here as well in order to allay concerns that anyone might have about whether it's legitimate.]

The offer is legit, but it's short-term, only good for 72 hours. I sent out the e-mail this morning, and there will be a follow-up on Thursday.

We negotiated a price of $41.95 for a one-year membership PLUS an additional seven months free. Regular price is $44 for a one-year membership with no extension. When you click on the green button, you'll be taken to that offer as well as to several with longer periods if you'd prefer that. If you already are a PA member, you can extend your membership by the 19 months (or longer period), with the new time starting at the expiration of your current membership.

If you want to see a list of campgrounds in the program, click the green button in the e-mail, then click "Campgrounds" at the top of the page. You can search campgrounds by state / province by clicking on their map, getting a list with links to those campgrounds, or you can enter a town and amenities that you'd like to see.

Cindy and I used our membership most recently at Cain's Creekside RV Park, a small, clean, but no-frills family-owned park in Hahira, GA, about five miles north of Valdosta.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport