Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #221

TN Cruise Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cruise_Lite View Post
Guilty!

I just read your sig line and had a good chuckle. I would place my 03 Ram 1500 with the 5.9L engine into the Gasosaurus Rex category as well.

Back on target another Pet Peeve of mine is having to do anything before I have my coffee. We drink, and stock, Kona coffee at home and in the camper.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #222
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Campers who play music so I can hear it -- didn't come out to hear noise other than quiet
Lights left on all night for absolutely no reason
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 06-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #223

I hate it when there is a Prevost on both sides of our site,and they use our site as a Heliport! Youroo!!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandl View Post
This applies to any pump. In fact, access to pumps at many stations is limited for RVers and invariably, you end up patiently waiting behind someone, who knows you're patiently waiting behind them, who fills their tank and then disappears into the station for 15 minutes while leaving their vehicle at the pump. Inconsiderate *&^%$#@!

100% agree. I almost always try to stop at truck stops for fuel to avoid this issue!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #225

I had to stop at a regular station yesterday and it was a long wait to get the first 30 gallons in. The pump shut off at 100$ and that was enough for me. It will get me to a truck stop. I try to only get fuel at truck stops. Always wonder how much diesel small stations pump and what quality I'm getting.
I did have half the lot blocked off when I was fueling up and a few people weren't real happy so it works both ways.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #226
geezer with gadgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I hate it when there is a Prevost on both sides of our site,and they use our site as a Heliport! Youroo!!
Now that's funny!

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86 2018: 57 2019: 30
Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #227
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
My "pet" peeve is neighbors who don't feed my dogs "enough" when they come over for morning coffee while I'm still sleeping! [emoji43]
And then don't take them for a walk.....
Chaps my a&&
TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
Old 06-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #228
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Dave View Post
Now that's funny!

Not as funny as your Atari sigline. That cracked me up.

BTW, I still have one. I'm going to see if the town of Alamogordo, NM will sell me an E.T. game for it.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
People that need some type fuel to start a fire, dumping a quart on a green log that is whole. Either Boy Scout skills or a feather board and a sheet of newspaper works just fine! No Fuel required, unless its a propane fire pit then proceed as normal.
I'll be sure and use the entire quart of lighter fluid on my next campfire as opposed to half just for you!
Old 06-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
The wife and I share a saying "The larger the dog, the less likely it is to get picked up after".
I see the exact opposite. I have a huge dog that sometimes takes two bags. I always pick it up. The smaller dogs I see their leftovers everywhere. Owners figure that it is so small no one will step in it.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstover View Post
I see the exact opposite. I have a huge dog that sometimes takes two bags. I always pick it up. The smaller dogs I see their leftovers everywhere. Owners figure that it is so small no one will step in it.

I find that most owners are great about picking up the poo at campgrounds. Where I have a complaint is at rest areas or hotels. It seems that if the owner of the dog isn't going to be back they leave it. We have to small dogs and keep a supply of bags connected to the leash.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #232

I have to say as the OP I am over whelmed at how many responses there are. I originally posted just to get it off my chest and I see many must feel the same way! The great thing is that I now have a list of things to not do.

Don't cut through sites.
Pick up dog stuff.
Hurry up at the dump station.
Stay off my non-existant golf cart.
Keep my 20 year old kids quiet...better yet leave them at home!
Don't use an impact driver on jacks (but I think a regular cordless drill is fine).
Keep the music down. (Does that include playing my guitar quietly?)
No glaring at others.
Wave and say hello.
Don't use lighter fluid on fires (I am in big trouble)

I think those are the big ones!

Old 06-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #233

bldg 7, larry silverstein, carlyle group, hammer fund...
Old 06-03-2015, 12:20 PM   #234

One more (after what happened a few days ago)

When at the pool - Get off your phone, iPad, kindle, pc, whatever your nose is buried in and control that 15/16/17 year old of yours who is harassing my granddaughter (16) to the point she is in tears! It's not my job to teach your son/grandson how to respect young ladies! Be thankful all I did was report him and you to office staff and not call police!!
Old 06-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #235

Pet peeve

I can't stand "those dogs", the dogs that bark at every single thing they see!!! And then, better then that, is the people hollering at "those dogs"
Old 06-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcollier1 View Post
I can't stand "those dogs", the dogs that bark at every single thing they see!!! And then, better then that, is the people hollering at "those dogs"
I know what you mean. You walk past, the dog barks, the owner yells for the dog to stop barking... louder than the dogs barking, when the owner got the dog in the first place to alert him when people come to close to the house/RV/yard....The dog is only doing it's job....
Old 06-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #237
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl View Post
I know what you mean. You walk past, the dog barks, the owner yells for the dog to stop barking... louder than the dogs barking, when the owner got the dog in the first place to alert him when people come to close to the house/RV/yard....The dog is only doing it's job....
That reminds me of a joke I posted the other day in the joke forum:

Yelling at a dog to stop barking doesn't work. The dog probably just thinks,

"Awesome, now we're both barking."

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #238
Site Team

I've found with my dog that a small spray bottle filled with water works better than yelling.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #239

Yelling doesn't work. Our dog trainer said it was just confirming the barking. We tried a Spray bottles air cans vibrating collars. Now we just use earplugs. They seem to work the best.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #240

im in the shop, in the middle of a welding pass and a woman hollers " is this where the repairs are done?"...no mam, my mommy got me this light bright toy and I just got a chance to try it out today...if a guys in the middle of welding, wait a few seconds till he done. he gladly help you then...
Closed Thread