Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 04:54 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
The wife and I share a saying "The larger the dog, the less likely it is to get picked up after".
You may be right in your observation wherever you camp. But I find it works both ways, regardless of the size. Just that the larger droppings are more noticeable than the smaller bite sized ones.

We have camped over the past 10 years, always with larger dogs. We have a 10' circular pen, when outdoors, they stay in while we are camping. No free roaming. So, if they poop in the pen....it gets picked up immediately.
Same scenario if we are out on a walk in the CG.

It all starts at home. If you are attentive at home caring for your dogs, then you will be just as attentive elsewhere.

I would hope that most people who just tie their dogs out don't overlook the poop. Best to be attentive of your pets and avoid the unnecessarilies. And to be courteous ( clean up ) for the next visiting camper who might be using your site.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Old 05-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #62

"would of" instead of "would have."

"less then" instead of "less than."

And the biggest peeve: "irregardless." From The American Heritage Dictionary: Irregardless is a word that many people mistakenly believe to be correct in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. The word was coined in the United States in the early 1900s, presumably from a blend of irrespective and regardless. Many critics have complained that it is a redundancy, the negative prefix ir- duplicating the negativity of the -less suffix. Perhaps its reputation as a blend of ill-fitting parts has caused some to insist that it is a "nonword," a charge they would not think of leveling at a nonstandard word with a longer history, such as ain't. Since people use irregardless, it is undoubtedly a word in the broader sense of the language, but it has never been accepted in Standard English and is virtually always changed by copyeditors to regardless. The Usage Panel has roundly disapproved of its use since polling began; in 2012, 90 percent found the sentence, "A scientist investigating a social issue should seek to find out the truth, irregardless of its political implications" to be unacceptable.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 05-27-2015, 05:52 PM   #63

My relatives on Facebook who refer to each other as "loosers" instead of "losers"
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
Old 05-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #64

1. Campgrounds that nickel and dime you for everything extra... $50/night site fee... Then charge me another $5/night for each of my kids, $5/night for a/c, $6/day for grandma to visit, etc... And don't get me started with over-zealous park police...
2. Dog droppings.
3. Garbage in the fire. Mmm... Plastic flavored mountain pies.

I don't mind cut-throughs... I do my best to welcome them to my campsite, since we're suddenly all friends.
Not sure I get why some frown upon using a drill to lower stabilizers... We have campers with electric, water, bathrooms, electric tongue jacks, etc... But we can't use a power tool for stabilizers? Hmm.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-27-2015, 08:39 PM   #65

Not sure I get why some frown upon using a drill to lower stabilizers... We have campers with electric, water, bathrooms, electric tongue jacks, etc... But we can't use a power tool for stabilizers? Hmm.

I think the issue is the impact part that makes a racket when you use them. I have to admit that I use a regular drill but I use the torque thing so I don't over do it. I will now be very careful to not make a ton of noise with that thing!

Old 05-27-2015, 08:51 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
barking dogs
X2 big time !!!
+ people using my site as a short cut...use the road!!!
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Old 05-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #67

There is a reason I didn't major in grammar...I stink at it. I can speak well (or is it good?) I just can't (or is it cannot?) write worth a damn (or dam?). My wife is a teacher and I think she has just plain given up on me! I have issues with then and than, who and whom, etc. However I am an expert on e.g. and i.e. (e.g. for example, i.e. that is).

Don't get me started on punctuation! I am hopeless.

I can't spell either or proofread (clearly)

But beside(s) those things I good. And yes English is my first and only language.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #68

I don't like people going through my campsite... I rented it.. it's my space. Come in if invited, otherwise stay out. I often take a guitar with me and quietly play and sing... not loud enough to be heard next door. I like quiet when I'm doing that for relaxation. We pick up after our dog when she's with us but we usually spend the money to have her kenneled. All of those other things boil down to consideration for others... which unfortunately seems to be dying a gruesome death in this country...

My real pet peeve is gray water tanks that are too small...
Old 05-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #69

Since most of you are referring to pet peeves in the "camping world". Mine would be people not towing with their TV and trailer level. It drive me crazy! And I see it all the time!!!

The one thing that bothered me reading all of the above comments, comparing the big dogs to little dogs! I have 2 Doberman Pinchers that I guaranty are better than 95% of the little ankle biters out there. At campgrounds the little dogs bother us wayyyy more than big dogs. They sit and yap all day long (which the owners typically think it's cute), they enter our campsite, the owners typically have them on 20ft. leashes and they run around at my 2 toddlers feet and trip them, and they ALWAYS try attacking my dogs! Good thing my dogs are well behaved, because if not, little Fifi would probably only last on shake down! Instead, they just stand there and take it.

Ok, enough ranting......carry on!

Nights camped 2015....23
Old 05-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #70

Biggest pet peeve:
Can't make it home from a camping trip without a few bug bites regardless ;-) of my choice of bug sprays & thermocell use

We stay in FL state parks ...the volunteer hosts do a great job at site & bathroom cleanup detail ..... and the space is always great (I HATE too small sites ....)

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #71

my biggest pet peeve is stupid people. And the fact that they seem to be multiplying
Old 05-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkatoy77 View Post
The one thing that bothered me reading all of the above comments, comparing the big dogs to little dogs! I have 2 Doberman Pinchers that I guaranty are better than 95% of the little ankle biters out there. At campgrounds the little dogs bother us wayyyy more than big dogs. They sit and yap all day long (which the owners typically think it's cute), they enter our campsite, the owners typically have them on 20ft. leashes and they run around at my 2 toddlers feet and trip them, and they ALWAYS try attacking my dogs! Good thing my dogs are well behaved, because if not, little Fifi would probably only last on shake down! Instead, they just stand there and take it.

Ok, enough ranting......carry on!
I agree 100%! I have a German Shepherd mix that goes with us all the time. He is quiet & well behaved. I pick up after him. From my experience it is the owners of the little dogs that do not follow the rules with their little noise making fur brats. (Disclaimer - Not meant to be a blanket statement about all little dog owners)
Old 05-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #73
LA-Lower Alabama Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
my biggest pet peeve is stupid people. And the fact that they seem to be multiplying
I agree and that is the main reason for all the other pet peeves that were mentioned. Too many people these days have no respect for others. It's all about me, me, me and they don't worry how their actions affect others around them.

I also don't like the little dogs barking, I am a big dog person and that constant yapping that some do really gets on my nerves. We had a yorkie next to us last weekend that constantly barked. It seemed like the owners were there at the time too. I guess they just learned to block it out.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #74
Site Team

People that use an excessive amount of parentheses and capital letters in their posts.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:04 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
You may be right in your observation wherever you camp. But I find it works both ways, regardless of the size. Just that the larger droppings are more noticeable than the smaller bite sized ones.
That's a good point on the size of droppings.

Others have made good points on barking too. Dogs should be on a leash, quiet, and picked up after. If people cannot live within these rules, leave the dog at home with family or friends.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #76
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
People that use an excessive amount of parentheses and capital letters in their posts.
)
AnD, WhO wOUld THaT Be? (
ALSO, stupid people doing stuipd things) etc,etc. People posting on forum and not sticking around for replies if it's a 'major needs to be fixed now' problem. People wanting to pet my dogs......1 BITES! People that think any warning sign is for the next person.... If smoke bothers you, don't come into my site......and if you do, don't bitch about it.......I bought this air!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I do not like the following at Campgounds-

1. Garbage in the fire, I use it for cooking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
1. Or something else (Hint-what you tell little boys not to do in the fire)
:
Seriously?!? People allow their children to pee or they throw THEIR trash in YOUR fire???

As for some of the other answers - some of you folks REALLY need to learn to relax and ...
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
Old 05-28-2015, 12:13 PM   #78
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
).......I bought this air!

Just remember the person in the site next to you bought their air too and your smoke drifts over there. Some of us have real airway reactions to cigarette smoke.

Another pet peeve is people letting dogs of any size pee on the rims of my truck or trailer.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #79
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
Seriously?!? People allow their children to pee or they throw THEIR trash in YOUR fire???

As for some of the other answers - some of you folks REALLY need to learn to relax and ...
Electrifie the grill!
Old 05-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #80
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Just remember the person in the site next to you bought their air too and your smoke drifts over there. Some of us have real airway reactions to cigarette smoke.

Another pet peeve is people letting dogs of any size pee on the rims of my truck or trailer.
Agreed.......campfire/garbage smoke also bothers certain people, and tire wetters, but if these are the worst things a person smells in their life, don't join the military and go to combat.
Closed Thread