Old 06-06-2018, 09:04 PM   #581
Site Team

Good idea. I'll read owners book to see how big.
Flybob, it's a two week Alaskan cruise/train ride. Not really wanting to haul a laptop around, but I have 32 g card in my phone and I have a card reader. Gonna see if I can get the pictures to the phones sd card. Got spare SD cards too. Thanks.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #582

I am just a Beginning Photographer, so my photos aren't that good.

Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	126A1855.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	441.7 KB
ID:	185255  
grandpawrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:56 PM   #583

One last photo for the day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	126A0859.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	479.3 KB
ID:	185257  
grandpawrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Don View Post
Everybody's got a camera. We all visit beautiful country and record it on "film".
Since most shutterbugs I know just love comparing notes, I thought I'd start a thread for just that.
What camera(s) do you use ?
What lenses, filters, etc.
Got any good do's or do not's (I've got plenty of the latter to share) to pass along ?

To get things started, for the last 10 years or so I've been using a Nikon D50 SLR. It's an entry level camera but it's far more capable than the guy standing behind it.

Lenses consist of the 18-55mm zoom lens that comes with the kit. I've heard "serious" photographers talk down about that lens but it's taken some awfully nice pictures for me over the years.
A 70-300 zoom lens does critter duty so that the next time I'm dangerously, stupidly close to a bear the photo doesn't eventually look like a fuzzy black dot 400 yards away. Better yet, I won't have to get dangerously, stupidly close to a bear to get a good shot.
And recently, I bought a 50mm prime lens (for non-SLR users, "prime" means it's not a zoom lens) with a wider aperture (f1.8) that I hope to use for night landscape photography.

I'll post up a few examples I've found recently that could have been much better shots had I been watching more closely or used something different.

I'm an SLR shooter, but I hope the point-and-shooters and even video-cammers will chime in.

I just came across this thread, glad I did. I am new to digital photography, having been an avid film user for many years. I have 2 Nikon DSLRs, entry level, the 18-50 and 2 telephoto zooms. We live in an apartment overlooking a river and I can stay on our deck and get some very nice shots of egrets, great blue herons, bald eagles, and ospreys.
I take my photo equipment camping, and have had some very nice Lake Huron sunsets, campfires, and much else.
I'll be following this thread with interest.

Cheers

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Good idea. I'll read owners book to see how big.
Flybob, it's a two week Alaskan cruise/train ride. Not really wanting to haul a laptop around, but I have 32 g card in my phone and I have a card reader. Gonna see if I can get the pictures to the phones sd card. Got spare SD cards too. Thanks.
I transfer to a tablet, much easier to pack than a laptop.

Cheers

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote