Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #81
Insert witty title here

Here's some food for thought:

The kids who will be voting in the next presidential election are the same ones eating Tide Pods.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
Old 01-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post

The kids who will be voting in the next presidential election are the same ones eating Tide Pods.
oh wait............

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Old 01-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #83

My dad was a blue collar american and we weren't rich by any stretch of the imagination so when he worked on things I worked on things . He taught me the basics of just about all things mechanical I've since surpassed him in mechanical know how . My grandpa taught me wood work so I am extremely grateful to both of them . I teach my 11 year old as much as possible even though its not easy teaching a hyperactive kid like him anything but ill be damned if I dont teach him as much as I can as I know my job is to be a parent and not his friend. He does mow the lawn, dump the garbage, pull weeds and work on his own bikes and service his own dirtbikes. Hopefully one day he will able to handle anything that comes at him as an adult . I know I am forever grateful to the things handed on to me . Parents these days want to be friends and let there electronics devices be the parents then do everything for these kids . I have some close friends kids in college that grew up raised by people like me and are disgusted how stupid and ignorant their peers are one of them got a part time job and left the dorm because the kids he was living with was a pig.

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
Old 01-19-2018, 10:52 PM   #84

My wife and I have seven children and brought an eighth into our home to raise his last few years of high school. Six boys and two girls. Each of those children had things they were good at and they had things they were not good at. We taught them and exposed them all to as many life experiences as possible. Our youngest is 17 and our oldest is 35. I truly believe that each generation tries to provide more for their children than their parents did for them. I think sometimes the result of this is that kids don’t get exposed to some experiences they should. Right or wrong, it’s what I believe.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:52 PM   #85
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post

Which makes me put this out here - namely kids today with all their electronic toys are probably more educated about today's world than their parents were. So while this may (and probably will) sound horrible to most parents, I must ask just who's fault it is that kids today eat soap pods and do drugs?

My thinking is that today's kids know fully well the dangers of doing these because of being so well informed by the internet and yet they do these things.

Are supermarkets going to have to lock soap pods in locked cages like spray paint is now simply because some kids are stupid enough to try eating them?

Just where and when does it stop being the parents responsibility to try to shelter their kids from all the stupid things seen in the world today on the internet?
Old 01-20-2018, 12:49 AM   #86

Wow.... This has really turned into a 'how old am I, and how out of touch am I' thread
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 01-20-2018, 01:06 AM   #87

Everything important that I know how to do with cars, my house, RV, anything, I learned from my dad. Plumbing, electrical, cars, tune-ups, oil changes, camping, travel, fishing. My dad was so great to me.

Modern parenting does not seem to include passing along important knowledge. Kids are treated as guests in the home and parents are entertainment directors. Chauffeuring kids to every sort of organized activity.

I spent time as a child helping dad around the house with his projects. Those were great times. First thing dad taught me was how to get him a beer. Dad was pretty smart.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Which makes me put this out here - namely kids today with all their electronic toys are probably more educated about today's world than their parents were. So while this may (and probably will) sound horrible to most parents, I must ask just who's fault it is that kids today eat soap pods and do drugs?

My thinking is that today's kids know fully well the dangers of doing these because of being so well informed by the internet and yet they do these things.

Are supermarkets going to have to lock soap pods in locked cages like spray paint is now simply because some kids are stupid enough to try eating them?

Just where and when does it stop being the parents responsibility to try to shelter their kids from all the stupid things seen in the world today on the internet?
Just curious where is spray paint locked in cages. I admit that's one I have not seen as yet????

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 01-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #89
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Just curious where is spray paint locked in cages. I admit that's one I have not seen as yet????

I seen them locked up in Arts and Crafts stores.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I seen them locked up in Arts and Crafts stores.
For Theft?? Lowes, Walmart, Home Depot, craft stores, and the hardware stores I go to in the mid Atlantic states do not lock up spray paint. Just never seen it.......... Just curious.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 01-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #91

Quote:
For Theft?? Lowes, Walmart, Home Depot, craft stores, and the hardware stores I go to in the mid Atlantic states do not lock up spray paint. Just never seen it.......... Just curious.....

x2
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
Old 01-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #92
B47

Quote:

Also seen glues locked up when sniffing glue was another stupid thing kids did.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonal View Post
Everything important that I know how to do with cars, my house, RV, anything, I learned from my dad. Plumbing, electrical, cars, tune-ups, oil changes, camping, travel, fishing. My dad was so great to me.

Modern parenting does not seem to include passing along important knowledge. Kids are treated as guests in the home and parents are entertainment directors. Chauffeuring kids to every sort of organized activity.

I spent time as a child helping dad around the house with his projects. Those were great times. First thing dad taught me was how to get him a beer. Dad was pretty smart.
First thing I was taught by my Dad was to become the world's first ever TV controller. He didn't even have to point and click just say what channel he wanted, much like COX's new voice controlled cable TV. Man! Was my father ahead of his time! 🤣
Old 01-20-2018, 06:10 PM   #94
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
First thing I was taught by my Dad was to become the world's first ever TV controller. He didn't even have to point and click just say what channel he wanted, much like COX's new voice controlled cable TV. Man! Was my father ahead of his time! 🤣
I think we had the first voice controlled tv. It had a round 9 inch black & white screen in a 3' x 4' tall cabinet with the channels lettered instead of numbered. Dad would come in after work and say "get the news" and then there was arguing among us 5 kids as to who would change the channel.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #95
Site Team

Quote:

It's probably from huffers stealing them.
Also to control who they are sold to.
Just like cold medicine.

I used to go on calls for possible drug overdose and arrived to find a huffer with gold spray paint around their mouth and they were unconscious.

It's not as common now, since abusers have moved to more dangerous things to get high from.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 01-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #96

Guess we are still in the back woods here in North Georgia. The kids around here like to just steal street name sign all around the county. Go figure?
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
I like it.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:22 PM   #98

Quote:

It's done to keep graffiti artists (aka, kids and "young adults") from stealing it for graffiti. I'm guessing it's mostly in center-city type areas.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 01-20-2018, 11:49 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
It's done to keep graffiti artists (aka, kids and "young adults") from stealing it for graffiti. I'm guessing it's mostly in center-city type areas.
I guess we don't have any of those around here as spray paint is not locked up at any stores even in the bigger cities....... But today they busted a meth lab in a motel up the road........ the guests next door called police because they smelled a strong odor of marijuana. The girl was 31 not sure about the guy that were arrested.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Old 01-21-2018, 01:45 AM   #100
Moderator Emeritus

ok guys... lets get off the drug and political type comments. If these continue the site team will close the thread.
Closed Thread