Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
We have renewed every 5-6 months since Sept 2012 at the cost of $25 for those 5-6 months each time....comes to $30ish total with taxes for 5-6 months not per month

U have to call to cancel before it expires but they have ALWAYS given us that rate - they try to sell it at a higher rate but I always say nope if you cannot renew at the $25 rate I will cancel

I DO NOT give my credit card on file either....only authorize for the one-time use that day/call

Never had a problem with this way
X2 that is what I do....I have it marked on my calendar when to call XM and do another 6 month promotion for $25 or $29 buck or threaten to cancel they have always renewed in the last couple of years...This last time I was able to get them to give me the All Access package with streaming for $8.00 a month. It is kind of a pain calling but worth it in the long run
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
X2 that is what I do....I have it marked on my calendar when to call XM and do another 6 month promotion for $25 or $29 buck or threaten to cancel they have always renewed in the last couple of years...This last time I was able to get them to give me the All Access package with streaming for $8.00 a month. It is kind of a pain calling but worth it in the long run
I just called, you guys are out to lunch, that promo is 6 mos only. You have to renew at the cost after that, yes I switched thank you for that. It's 35 for the first 6 mos only then to regulate price. That is 160 some dollars a year for me. They are sending me a email with all this on it. For someone to say it's 35.00 per year is just wrong. If I were you I would call and get that in writing, its not going to happen period.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:04 PM   #23

I will copy there policy when they send it. Now people can threaten all they want, means squat. This is a promo deal o my for 6mos. To hook you, and I guess they did. But I'm getting a credit back before I have to play there game, so ONCE again T/U , but it is Not As been said here

Old 04-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #24
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I just called, you guys are out to lunch, that promo is 6 mos only. You have to renew at the cost after that, yes I switched thank you for that. It's 35 for the first 6 mos only then to regulate price. That is 160 some dollars a year for me. They are sending me a email with all this on it. For someone to say it's 35.00 per year is just wrong. If I were you I would call and get that in writing, its not going to happen period.
Didn't they say $25 or $29 for 6 months? (That'd be $50 or $58/yr. plus tax) The other plan quoted was $8/month which is $96/yr. plus tax.

I think you guys are crazy to pay for radio, but to each his own. I had 6 months of XM when I got my F-250 back in 2016 and just didn't see much value in having it other than having a consistent radio station wherever you travel. I opted to put a ton of music on a USB stick and plug that into my truck. I don't listen to talk radio or sport-specific stations but if you love that stuff I guess there's no alternatives.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #25

Yes they did, but after 6 mos. It is billed at the current rate for you package. Really did people think that is a renewable price every 6 mos? Please

Old 04-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #26

Just another note being mine is built in the car and the trailer is portable, if you had one that you moved between both that's a docking station your bill would be in the 130.00 per year. With 2 radios you get like a 10 or 15 % discount on the second radio.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Yes they did, but after 6 mos. It is billed at the current rate for you package. Really did people think that is a renewable price every 6 mos? Please
When you call to cancel cause the low price ran out, you can get it again. Just the PIA of talking to them every 5-6 mo. for 10 minutes... I was at 5 or 6 /mo before taxes for a year and a half. Now I'm at 7/mo for a year...
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #28

Or over 200.00 per year as I stated before.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:37 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
When you call to cancel cause the low price ran out, you can get it again. Just the PIA of talking to them every 5-6 mo. for 10 minutes... I was at 5 or 6 /mo before taxes for a year and a half. Now I'm at 7/mo for a year...
That is up to the rep. And only how you come off to them, so still that is not the thing they offer. So please don't call us stupid for paying what the program they offer, not saying you did. But let's all of us be honest here.

Old 04-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #30
Always Learning

Quote:
That is up to the rep. And only how you come off to them, so still that is not the thing they offer. So please don't call us stupid for paying what the program they offer, not saying you did. But let's all of us be honest here.

I have read most of the posts on here and didn’t see anyone call or even imply anyone else was stupid.

And it looks like everyone has been honest- it’s a promotional rate that they call every 6 months to renew. It’s not a standard thing and definitely up to the rep who answers the phone, but it sounds like people are able to consistently get it... if they’re willing to put the time in + deal with the hassle.

I’m confused as to why you seem upset.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #31

Don't over think it. Might be a bad choice of words only, but it made my point. As I stated he never said that, and I'm not mad I even thanked members just got a 137.00 dollar credit, the squeaky wheel will get progress. BUT IT IS PROPORTIONAL ONLY. not a yearly cost.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Don't over think it. Might be a bad choice of words only, but it made my point. As I stated he never said that, and I'm not mad I even thanked members just got a 137.00 dollar credit, the squeaky wheel will get progress. BUT IT IS PROPORTIONAL ONLY. not a yearly cost.
Which is exactly what everyone has been saying. It's a pretty common tactic with a lot of subscription based services. TV, phone, internet, etc...

You call and threaten to cancel and more often than not, they'll offer some promotional rate to keep you around. You just have to remember to call them before the rate expires or else it will revert to their normal pricing.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:28 PM   #33
Site Team

Note: This conversation was taking on a life of it's own so I moved everything over to this thread.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I have read most of the posts on here and didn’t see anyone call or even imply anyone else was stupid.

And it looks like everyone has been honest- it’s a promotional rate that they call every 6 months to renew. It’s not a standard thing and definitely up to the rep who answers the phone, but it sounds like people are able to consistently get it... if they’re willing to put the time in + deal with the hassle.

I’m confused as to why you seem upset.
espendydad is right I have to call every 6 months to get the promo rate of either $25 for 5 months or $30 for 6 months....Like I mentioned on an earlier I was never denied I just make it clear up front that if I can't get the promo rate AGAIN I am cancelling. Sure they tell me all the time after 6 months its going to renew at the regular rate but I call the day before it does and negotiate the promo rate again.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
espendydad is right I have to call every 6 months to get the promo rate of either $25 for 5 months or $30 for 6 months....Like I mentioned on an earlier I was never denied I just make it clear up front that if I can't get the promo rate AGAIN I am cancelling. Sure they tell me all the time after 6 months its going to renew at the regular rate but I call the day before it does and negotiate the promo rate again.

Exactly ....that is verbatim how we have done it since 2012 - you just have to call BEFORE the promo rate expires to avoid the higher renewal rate - it is worth a phone call every 5-6 months IMO
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Didn't they say $25 or $29 for 6 months? (That'd be $50 or $58/yr. plus tax) The other plan quoted was $8/month which is $96/yr. plus tax.

I think you guys are crazy to pay for radio, but to each his own. I had 6 months of XM when I got my F-250 back in 2016 and just didn't see much value in having it other than having a consistent radio station wherever you travel. I opted to put a ton of music on a USB stick and plug that into my truck. I don't listen to talk radio or sport-specific stations but if you love that stuff I guess there's no alternatives.
Just curious, where does that music you have USB stick originate from? Do you buy CD's and rip them to the drive? Download from a music service? I don't do any of these, that how I "justify" paying for the subscription.
We all pay for music differently, ok most of us, maybe just some of us??. Some go with that free over the air stuff but that so old skool.
But hey I'm just glad you are listening to music. People who don't like to listen to music worry me.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #37

XM vs Pandora

I have XM in truck and a portable unit I plug into motor home or my pavilion while we are out side relaxing. After losing my signal numerous times on our trip in MH to Wyoming last year (reason , antenna lies on dash next to windshield. I started using Pandora (free) sure I got commercials. I like XM for sure in my Silverado no losing signals, but the signal cut out in MH drives me nuts.

FR statement XM ready doesn't mean crap. They should have antennas prewired from factory. So for now, I will continue to use Pandora when I lose XM signal, and use up my unlimited data for Pandora the rest of the time.
Secarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #38

When I have my semi annual negotiations with Sirius I always bring up the fact that I’m just going to use Pandora and iHeart Radio. BTW, SiriusXM has a lot of commercials now.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #39

So I ordered a home dock for in the camper. It came today but the one I ordered has no provisional no for fm transmission to the radio. So I hope we have an audio in line on the front I don’t feel like digging into the back to see if there are free audio in rca on the back. If not the spare dock I ordered for the subau will be used in the camper and I’ll need to order another one for the car. I would say the antenna that came with the home dock kit is a lot larger then the one that came with the radio. I did test it out and sitting on the floor under the dash it still got signal so hopefully it works in the woods.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #40
Insert witty title here

I'm a Howard Stern fan. He's the only reason I'm a subscriber. I need my daily dose of debauchery.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote