Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #1

Snowbird Mail

When you snowbird for the winter, what do you do about your mail? We have been snowbirds in Florida since 2009. We use the USPS service called Temporary Forward - the free one. It is beyond HORRIBLE. I have set up all our important bill paying mail as automatic pay through our checking account. So mostly our mail is local newspapers and magazines, plus other important things we do want to get. Once a week our next door neighbor lets me know mail has been delivered to our box. We notify the supervisor in charge of this, but it's a big joke, nothing happens. What do other snowbirds do, we are in Florida from the end of Dec. to around April 10.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #2

We live in our RV full time but we use the Good Sam Mail Service. It's not free though.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:43 PM   #3
Always Learning

I gave a friend a mailbox key and paid them with a nice dinner out when got back. Truth be told- it was pretty expensive because my wife picked Ruth's Chris for dinner!

Tags
snow