Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #1

Sub-compact tractors

Whose got them and what kind? I'm looking at getting a Kubota bx1860 or bx2360 with mower deck and front end loader. What is your review if you got them. I'm selling my John Deere rider. This will replace it.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

I have a John Deere 2320 with CX200 FEL, 60" Frontier Box Blade, 72" Land Pride Rear blade, 48" John Deere tiller, 55 gallon 3 point sprayer, 50" Farm King 3pt blower, 62D drive over 62" mower deck, Frontier middle buster, Frontier 60" Soil Pulverizer, 3 section diamond drag harrows, 5ft King Kutter disks. You get the picture. 5 min max to install or remove mower, same for the loader. I also made my own rear hyd outlets with an electric diverter that is controlled by a button on the FEL joystick so I can remotely turn the blower chut in the winter and control my hydraulic top link which is indespensable when using the box blade or pulverizer in the summer. Also have a Speeco CAT 1 quick hitch for the 3point as it is getting too hard to manhandle 5 and 600 pound implements to get them hooked up to the 3 point. I bought it new in 08 and the only complaint I really have is I wish it had faster hydraulics, had I gone one step up to the 2520 they have 2 hydraulic pumps and a couple more hp but are a larger tractor as well. IMO the smaller units like the 1860 and Deere 2305 are great units but the limited CAT 1 hitch was a deal breaker for me as they have limited lift height and are rated to only lift 1/2 what a 2320 can. But they are closer to a large garden tractor in size if you are in a position where size is a concern.

A good place to start asking questions and reading is mytractorforum.com

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #3

I bought a Kubota b7100 new in 1992 and it's still going strong. I have about every attachment but a backhoe and use it all the time on my six acres. I think the front end loader and four wheel drive are essential. I use mine for everything. I just wish I would have bought it in the seventies instead of waiting so long. I am still on original tires though the fronts are shot now and need replacing. Some of the best money spent.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #4

I have a Kubota BX2660, purchased in 2009 with the 54" mower, loader, brush hog, and snow blower. This has been one of the most useful tool I've ever purchased. The amount of snow this thing can move is a thing of beauty, and I've transported numerous cords of firewood from the woods with the loader. And, the tractor is able to mow my hilly plot with ease. Like comfun1, wish I'd bought it years ago!

2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104
2011 Silverado 5.3 ~ 4X4

Great Lakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

I have a AGCO ST33A Hydrostatic (3 range) with a quick attach FEL it works great for making firewood plowing snow leveling ground moving the tt around the yard The AGCO is a little heavier than a few other tractor makes which i like gets better traction in the woods and pushing snow also have ballast in the rear tires kinda offsets the FEL when full of wood or stone dirt tractor has been flawless so far 2+ years Only thing wish it had was a rear hydraulic remote can be added but 800+ dollars and it teed off the loader lines. Great machine lots of attachments out there for all of them too.
campercher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #6

I used to have a Kubota L2500 with loader, rotary mower and box blade. I loved that tractor, but lost it to the ex and I heard later she locked it up from not keeping up on the maintenance. Oh the injustices of life
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote