Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #1

Those of you wanting to full time, but still want a house

When my wife and I decided we would go it full time or Retired and use the RV as the Main house, we still wanted a homebase of sorts to come back to and store all of our stuff we just couldnt part with. I found a place in North East Texas that is a gated community, and will allow any house to be built of metal, wood, brick and even mobile homes, as long as it meets a 750 sq ft minimum.
So we purchased a lot 40 x80 and then one more 40 x 80 went to work. getting some plans drwan up and finding a reputable person to build it.
We had a guy do 80% of the work, he did the slab, all the outside work, basic plumbing and set the electric panel. We moved in full time last oct and went to work on the inside,
i built partion walls and did the inside wiring to make sure i had an outlet about every 4 feet. we have a washer and dryer hooked up a full size HUGE double door fridge and a stand alone freezer.
the insides are now 95% complet. i stil have to put in the galley kitchen cabinets and sink.
we have a lot area also inside thats 16 x16 which has our other tvs and couch and stuff to sit around and bs and relax if we need to get out of the rv. I dont have a shower put in yet but its all plumbed for it. Ido have a nice half bath and sink though.
thought it would be helpful fr thse leaning towards a full time jump or ???
in hindsight i would have made the building part a few feet wider and the rv port a few feet wider

the slab is 26 x 60 and the covered rv area is 26 x 40 and has a clear vertical clearance of 14 ft. which leaves the "main house" as 26 x16 with a loft. it was a squeeze to get 750 sq ft but i managed 756
we are getting very near a completion and ihave also added 2 more lots to my foot print so we are at 160 x 80 plus my folks just got two next to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rough work09.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rough work25.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Almost done10.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Almost done13.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	432   Click image for larger version

Name:	inside 6.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	433  

Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #2

here is picture of the yard from this summer
we have gone a long way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Almost done25.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Almost done38.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Almost done32.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	436   Click image for larger version

Name:	house 1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	437  
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #3

that's pretty much the same thing I have in mind for 10 years down the road once my youngest is out of high school and in college
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote