Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2016, 04:06 PM   #21

I think a few cans of hornet spray will do the trick. I read that a full can will shoot 25' away. Works for me. Thanks, folks!
Hector517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector517 View Post
I think a few cans of hornet spray will do the trick. I read that a full can will shoot 25' away. Works for me. Thanks, folks!
If hornet spray was a great personal defense product, that's what the police would carry.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #23

My can of bear spray is stored next to the door! Never heard about hornet spray, might work as well...
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:18 AM   #24
Handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj469 View Post
In Texas it is now a license to carry and not a CCL. We are permitted to carry in plane site now. I always carry but not in plane site. As I got older it seemed that I would be more vulnerable to crime because one or more young men could nock me down and take what they wanted.
Alabama has an "open carry" law meaning you can a weapon unconcealed without a license. If you wish to conceal, you must have a license. Most people, including myself, carries concealed to avoid questions.
tfmdgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Yep. On Drugs, Inc. last night I learned that Tennessee produces the most marijuana of any state. Who'd've thunk it?
Reason I lived in TN for 7 years was due to the meth problems in the state. They were number 1 or darn close to it.

In fact, I believe it was TN that made it illegal to purchase pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine products without going through the pharmacy before Federal law made it illegal around 2005.

Older article on pot growing in the NFs
Pot Growers Destroying National Forests

More current...
https://weedrush.news21.com/blog/201...ional-forests/

I understand that most on this site never get deep into any national forests, and every year it is harder for me to get into the deep areas, but be careful when you do.

Used to think bears, large cats were the problem; but there is no telling what you will meet up with nowadays.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #26

Depends on who you have to protect, and how much faith you have in every other person you might encounter in today's world.

I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I would not go outside my house, and mostly not inside it either, without the ability to protect my family. I have a license to carry a weapon because a cop is too heavy to carry around.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety, travel