Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2015, 07:18 PM   #61

I have had iPhone 4and for the last year I have had an iPhone 5 and I have loved them very user friendly and great to use mabey in an other couple years I'll get the next latest and greatest iPhone
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Smart phone, whats that? MY rotary dial ain't smart.

MY rotary dialer never breaks either........although, it's a little tough to carry around.

Seriously...Samsung Galaxy S4 on Sprint with "hotspot" capabilities.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #63
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Only reason it's tough to carry around is 'cause cords to short.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Well, it is sort of earth shattering.... a 5.5 inch display at 2560x1440 538ppi IPS display is quite impressive (and does not feel that large. (Compare that to those other two phones which have 4.7 inch display at 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi, or a 5.5 inch display at 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi )

Has some other nice features too such as the on/off and volume up/down on the back vs. the side; takes Micro SD card (many smart phones done anymore) and the quad-core snapdragon processor, with 3 Mb of ram make it fast.

So, yes I have one, sold a Moto Droid Maxx and dropped Verizon and purchased the LG G3 from AT&T. No problem so far.

Yah what he said. It is a great phone and does not feel big but has a huge screen and small bezels. Oh yes I have the LG G3 also.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 PM   #65

Consumer Reports rates the Samsung Galaxy S5 the best.
nbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #66
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrewer View Post
Consumer Reports rates the Samsung Galaxy S5 the best.
Its been a great phone so far

Samsung Galaxy S5 tops Consumer Reports latest smartphone ratings

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:17 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
I'm still holding out for my George Jetson watch!

(We've had iPhones starting at the 3G and currently have the 5C. We like the 6 but not the 6 Plus, it's just TOO big!!)
That would be the Apple Watch, Right?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #68

Wife and I both carry Nexus 5's on AT&T under a BYOD plan. Pure Android and no carrier bloat.

Frank
Zeuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #69
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
I'm still holding out for my George Jetson watch!

(We've had iPhones starting at the 3G and currently have the 5C. We like the 6 but not the 6 Plus, it's just TOO big!!)
every phone company has its competition

Name:   1trek.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  11.3 KB

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boso View Post
I have the 5 but I can see it being easier to use the 6+ but size has it fall backs to just wondering how people that have the 6+ think

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I love my 6+. Know that I have large hands, but it never feels "too big". And the extra screen size makes using it SOOO much more enjoyable, especially when using a Web browser. I pick up my old iPhone5 and it feels so tiny now...
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike618 View Post
Thanks for all the input on cell phone, I finally decided on an iPhone 6plus. Now to load all new camping apps.😃😄

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
You won't regret the 6+. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what camping apps do you use?
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 03-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #72

It's already been said, but asking which brand of phone is best will get you the same kind of passionate fan answers about which brand of truck is best, or which brand of camper is best, or which brand of whatever else you can think of is best...

I'm always an early adopter, so many moons ago when I went from bag phone to flip phone to my 1st smartphone... it was blackberry. Had 2 of those, then 2 androids, now onto iphone. I've also gone the same steps in tablet, had a blackberry playbook while I had a blackberry phone, had an android tablet while on android, and now have an ipad that I'm on iphone.

They're all just as good as one another, it's pure preference.

But know this... once you're into apple, it's hard to get out. Switch brands in an android, say go from an HTC to a samsung, or whatever... and all your apps and contacts and addresses move easily. But, once you're in apple, they do not make it easy or cost effective to get back out.

So, take that as you wish. If you think you're going to stick with 1 particular brand, it really doesn't matter. If you want to have the choice to jump around, android is the ticket.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersfan View Post
It's already been said, but asking which brand of phone is best will get you the same kind of passionate fan answers about which brand of truck is best, or which brand of camper is best, or which brand of whatever else you can think of is best...

I'm always an early adopter, so many moons ago when I went from bag phone to flip phone to my 1st smartphone... it was blackberry. Had 2 of those, then 2 androids, now onto iphone. I've also gone the same steps in tablet, had a blackberry playbook while I had a blackberry phone, had an android tablet while on android, and now have an ipad that I'm on iphone.

They're all just as good as one another, it's pure preference.

But know this... once you're into apple, it's hard to get out. Switch brands in an android, say go from an HTC to a samsung, or whatever... and all your apps and contacts and addresses move easily. But, once you're in apple, they do not make it easy or cost effective to get back out.

So, take that as you wish. If you think you're going to stick with 1 particular brand, it really doesn't matter. If you want to have the choice to jump around, android is the ticket.
Not sure I want to argue this point, but wouldn't the reverse also be true? Wouldn't it be just as difficult to go from Android to Apple???

I agree it is very much a preference thing. but I also agree with what someone else said above - the learning curve is less steep on an Apple phone. And once you have one, you can count on the EXACT same experience on their tablet. As for me, I was never an Apple fan until I bought my first iPod Touch. At that point, buying an iPhone just made sense. Then I wanted a different experience, so I sold my iPhone 4 and bought a Galaxy S3. NEVER liked it. SO I went back to Apple. As always, YMMV.
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 03-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #74
Mod free 5er

We still use 2 of these. You mean there is something newer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cellpics-0.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	71760  
Old 03-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We still use 2 of these. You mean there is something newer?
Newer? Yes. Better? Not necessarily.
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 03-20-2015, 02:10 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
Newer? Yes. Better? Not necessarily.

X2. I think I just threw my box phone out last year. Found it in the garage when we moved.:-)
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
Not sure I want to argue this point, but wouldn't the reverse also be true? Wouldn't it be just as difficult to go from Android to Apple???

I agree it is very much a preference thing. but I also agree with what someone else said above - the learning curve is less steep on an Apple phone. And once you have one, you can count on the EXACT same experience on their tablet. As for me, I was never an Apple fan until I bought my first iPod Touch. At that point, buying an iPhone just made sense. Then I wanted a different experience, so I sold my iPhone 4 and bought a Galaxy S3. NEVER liked it. SO I went back to Apple. As always, YMMV.
You're right, it can be just as tough to switch from apple to an android... my point is that in android, you can switch to a samsung, or htc, or motorola, or sony... or i can keep going on... it's an easy switch between brands that all run android. It is easy to switch from an apple to an apple, but they're all made by apple, and they're all controlled and priced by apple... that's what really grinds my gears. I don't like big brother controlling my choices.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #78

Very happy with my S5, from day one.
Lollipop just came down on it and after as bit of tweaking (ok, a cache dump, factory reset and another cache dump) it has been even more stellar.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #79
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor43 View Post
Heh...I still have one of these. Mine is gray. If I remember right, I had 15 minutes of free talk on it way back when.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #80
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I have a BlackBerry Z30 on the Rogers network here in Canada. Good phone and even better price ... Paid for 100% by my employer! It's a bit too big for a belt holder. Would have preferred the Z10. The new BB10 models are not nearly as rugged as the previous generation but they're much better for Internet, video and reading documents/spreadsheets.

I have a 3 year old iPad with lots of RVing apps, but it's relatively slow on my home wifi. It only gets around 35-40 Mbps (download) while DW's Samsung tablet gets 90 Mbps. Farmville runs pretty fast on that!
Love BlackBerry phones! I only switched some years ago only because of the small screen being the size of a postage stamp. BlackBerry is right for my type of usage. Now that the screen is larger I hope to get one next time I replace my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Been using the Motorola RAZR M for more than 2 years. Does all I need and I like the small size. Only drawback is battery is not user replaceable. Wife has new Samsung Galaxy S5. Nice but big.
Had a RAZR that I hated and Samsung Galaxy S3 that didn't work out for me.

Like said many times in this thread what the best phone comes down to personal likes & dislikes.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote