Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 10:41 AM   #21

I'm not a smart man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
I like that answer!
Since we own a Forester MBS nicknamed Forrest, it should be no surprise that I can't stay on topic.

Hey SilhouettePenny - ever eat at Smokin' Chickin' in Clarksville? We've stopped there a couple of times now on our way. Check it out if you haven't already.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:06 PM   #22

As someone who beat an IFS Hummer H3 on the ledges of the Moab UT trails, all I can say is a person has to be brain dead not to feel a lower ball joint that is starting to fail. When it starts to clunk, wonder and vibrate, it is time to get under and check, or have someone who knows how to check do some serious checking to see what is wrong.

So unless the guy (or gal) driving that truck did not hit the nastiest pothole known to mankind, they had symptoms long before it failed (or it needed replacement and he hit a pothole that finished the failure).

But we had as many Wranglers, with solid axle fail as we did IFS vehicles like Hummers, FJs, etc.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
Hey SilhouettePenny - ever eat at Smokin' Chickin' in Clarksville? We've stopped there a couple of times now on our way. Check it out if you haven't already.
We live just around the corner from the Chickin, next time you get off at exit 1 try Dos Margaritas mexican behind Sonic. Cul-de-sac parking just past restaurant on the left (southeast of exit, campground northwest at same exit).

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
Unlike a solid axle truck such as Ford Super duty & Dodge/Ram 2500+, where you'd have to have complete upper and lower ball joint failure which is unlikely.
I can't speak for a Ford but in 140k I've had to put 5 sets of ball joints in my 2500 dodge the cummins is to much weight for stock joints
railroaderone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #25
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroaderone View Post
I can't speak for a Ford but in 140k I've had to put 5 sets of ball joints in my 2500 dodge the cummins is to much weight for stock joints
Yup, typical for a Dodge diesel. But the lower didn't come apart and rip the assembly off I bet. I had bad lowers @155,000 miles and changed all 4. Tops were still solid.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Just a site team reminder to all to please play nice.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #27

kinda new to this forum sight. All the trash talking it pretty lame and discouraging. I get it, you like me defend your purchase because you wouldn't buy an inferior product for 50k. I buy Fords because I like it. I don't try and crunch specs with my brother over his Ram. We both arrive safely to our destination is what matters. Every manufacturer has laid some eggs. In my office a guy had so many recalls and problems on his Ram 3500 he was able to return it and get money back. But across the hall two guys both with 6.0 Fords, one was a P.O.S the other tipping 300k with no issues. Point being, people get on these forums and trash talk and play mines better than yours like a bunch of 8 year olds.
todd172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #28

Y'all are FUNNY. I am sure everyone has heard of a front end and brake inspection. I assume the ball joint has been bad for a long time. Most likely tires are/have been eaten up. These things don't just happen without damage or no inspection/maintenance.

I personally prefer the big 3, but I don't fault others for their POV.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toyota