Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #1

Wi Fi Booster Question

Looking to add a in campground wifi booster. Was wondering if I bought a Ubiquiti NanoStation locoM2 & connected it to a Netgear home router should I get the same results?
I have an old Netgear router is why I asked would save me $'s if it will work.
Mike
siam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:27 PM   #2

Will work fine. That's what I due except instead of a nutgear router I use a UBNT air-gateway. Nanostation is directional so you'll have to point it at the nearest WIFI AP. I suction mount it to a window and route a flat CAT6 cable through the basement hatch and up through the laundry hatch.
seakayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #3

Wi Fi Booster Question

I have been using a very similar setup for years. I have the NanoStation M2 feeding a Linksys wifi router inside my MH. I mounted the M2 on my bat wing antenna and can point it wherever the access point is.
Works great!

Edit: You just have to remember to stow the antenna.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #4

Update

Not going good at all, I am guessing I have been at it about 4 hrs. between yesterday & today & have nothing. The problem I am having is after I setup the network tab & assign the IP address & click change & apply my computer will not let me back into the Nano. Will not connect to the IP address 129.168.10.20
Anyone have any ideas? The main problem I see is that the current version running on the nano is newer then all the PDF's & videos. So some of the settings are different.
Thanks Mike
siam is offline   Reply With Quote