Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   General Community Discussions (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Camping and Motorcycle Weekend (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f2/camping-and-motorcycle-weekend-101460.html)

rmac04401 02-22-2016 11:48 AM

Camping and Motorcycle Weekend
 
Looking for other likeminded RVrs that would be interested in getting together for camping and motorcycle riding.

Since it is just the weekend I'm looking for MD, PA, DEL as far as location. State parks or regular campgrounds. If interested lets see if we can get a group together and explore the highways and then enjoy the campfire.

Does not matter what kind of bike you have just have the love of the open road.

GSD_Gunner 02-22-2016 08:50 PM

I may be in. depending when and where. I'm near Cleveland, riding a 14 FLHTK

Cowracer 02-23-2016 08:39 AM

I would love to, but too far away for me.

Tim

gandb26 02-28-2016 10:15 AM

We don't have our rig yet (still deciding on model, but plan to purchase and be on the road by May) but keep us in mind. If we don't have a rig yet, we would rent a cabin at the campground. We've been looking for people to ride with. We are in NJ.

rattleNsmoke 02-28-2016 10:28 AM

I can't take the Hog with my fifth wheel but would love a ride anyways.

rmac04401 02-28-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke (Post 1114798)
I can't take the Hog with my fifth wheel but would love a ride anyways.


Sounds like an upgrade is needed lol

rattleNsmoke 02-28-2016 12:41 PM

Ayup. Agreed.

rmac04401 02-28-2016 05:09 PM

Took bike out today for ride. Very nice. Makes the itch worse for April to come.

GSD_Gunner 02-29-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke (Post 1114798)
I can't take the Hog with my fifth wheel but would love a ride anyways.

Exactly why we went with the toy hauler. :trink39:

rmac04401 02-29-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSD_Gunner (Post 1116068)
Exactly why we went with the toy hauler. :trink39:


Last July we were planning a trip to Maine and I was trying to figure out how to get both my bike and camper there. My bike is too long for bed of truck. We ended up renting a cabin and hauling bike on trailer. In August I upgraded to toy hauler have not looked back its awesome. Took it to Florida in January. Bike stayed nice and clean and warm and had my own bed. Life is good.

GSD_Gunner 02-29-2016 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmac04401 (Post 1116087)
Last July we were planning a trip to Maine and I was trying to figure out how to get both my bike and camper there. My bike is too long for bed of truck. We ended up renting a cabin and hauling bike on trailer. In August I upgraded to toy hauler have not looked back its awesome. Took it to Florida in January. Bike stayed nice and clean and warm and had my own bed. Life is good.

Right on. That's my thought, between the bike and 4 wheeler this was the right path. Now I just need it to get delivered before May.... lol:thumbsup:

rmac04401 02-29-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSD_Gunner (Post 1116344)
Right on. That's my thought, between the bike and 4 wheeler this was the right path. Now I just need it to get delivered before May.... lol:thumbsup:


Where did you order it from. I drove 7+ hours to Mansfield Ohio to pick up mine.

GSD_Gunner 03-01-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmac04401 (Post 1116665)
Where did you order it from. I drove 7+ hours to Mansfield Ohio to pick up mine.

Ordered from Avalon RV on RT18 in Medina.

rmac04401 03-01-2016 07:45 PM

Hope you get it soon gunner.

GSD_Gunner 03-02-2016 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmac04401 (Post 1117536)
Hope you get it soon gunner.

Thanks! :trink39:

rmac04401 03-14-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSD_Gunner (Post 1117777)
Thanks! :trink39:


Gunner did you get your trailer yet?

GSD_Gunner 03-14-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmac04401 (Post 1130144)
Gunner did you get your trailer yet?

Negative. Actually just sent sent an email looking for an update. Been right about 8 weeks since I ordered it.

rmac04401 03-14-2016 07:21 PM

Bummer. Hope you get soon. 3 more weeks and my camping season really begins.

GSD_Gunner 03-15-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmac04401 (Post 1130754)
Bummer. Hope you get soon. 3 more weeks and my camping season really begins.

Just got a voice mail..... it's in. Now to figure out all the details and get it off the lot. :eek:

rmac04401 03-15-2016 06:31 PM

Great awesome. Check it out real well before you leave the lot and sign papers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.