Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Western USA (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f155/)
-   -   Duck Creek Campround, Utah (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f155/duck-creek-campround-utah-101641.html)

Too Tall 02-24-2016 10:40 PM

Duck Creek Campround, Utah

I'm going to be spending a week boondocking at Duck Creek National Campround around memorial day June 1. Anything to offer about this area, campground or anything. We will be going to Zion thru the East entrance daily and then Bryce. I'm also going to look for a kennel in Cedar city or somewhere to board my little dog for a few days while we hike the trails. Any information is helpful. I'll have a generator to charge batteries if it'll run at that altitude, ha.

Blackrock 02-26-2016 11:28 AM

Duck Creek village looks interesting plus they look to have ATV rental to cruise around out in the back country.

Too Tall 02-26-2016 03:40 PM

Thanks, if I can deal with the elevation, ha

Curt and Michele 02-28-2016 11:08 AM

Tunnel

We will be going to Zion thru the East entrance daily and then Bryce

Hi Too Tall, Don't know how tall your trailer may be but there is a tunnel about half way through Zion that is pretty narrow and only has something like a 11 foot height clearance. Found this out last year on or first trip out. We stayed at the Virgin River RV resort in Virgin UT. Very nice place with enclosed dog runs but nowhere near boondocking style of camping. :signhavefun:

Too Tall 02-28-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt and Michele (Post 1114829)
We will be going to Zion thru the East entrance daily and then Bryce

Hi Too Tall, Don't know how tall your trailer may be but there is a tunnel about half way through Zion that is pretty narrow and only has something like a 11 foot height clearance. Found this out last year on or first trip out. We stayed at the Virgin River RV resort in Virgin UT. Very nice place with enclosed dog runs but nowhere near boondocking style of camping. :signhavefun:

Thanks, the only reason we are staying up there is we have some friends that will be in Duck Creek Village in condos. We all wanted to be together so I've become a boondocker, ha. Is Virgin on the east side of Zion, I'll look it up. One of our friends who will be coming along is from Cedar City so he knows all the good areas to hike etc... My problem is my little dog as you can't bring the dog on the trails. I didn't realize any of the campsites had dog runs, that's awesome.

f5moab 02-28-2016 09:25 PM

You can always take the dog on hikes on the National forest and BLM hiking trails. Never heard of them banning dogs. Some might say a leash is required, and in that area, I would suggest a leash anyway for dog safety. And I believe that is the Dixie NF that the campground is in.

Too Tall 02-28-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5moab (Post 1115473)
You can always take the dog on hikes on the National forest and BLM hiking trails. Never heard of them banning dogs. Some might say a leash is required, and in that area, I would suggest a leash anyway for dog safety. And I believe that is the Dixie NF that the campground is in.

Good point, I wonder if they have some pretty good national forest trails. I always keep the little fellow on a leash

f5moab 02-29-2016 08:40 AM

Right outside of the campground is Lost Hunter Trail, down the road Navajo Lake Loop, Virgin River Rim Trail, Pinks Trail, and a few others.

Too Tall 02-29-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5moab (Post 1115697)
Right outside of the campground is Lost Hunter Trail, down the road Navajo Lake Loop, Virgin River Rim Trail, Pinks Trail, and a few others.

I didn't know that, thanks, I'll check them out.