Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Veteran's Forum (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   How Many Vets On Here (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f86/how-many-vets-on-here-101924.html)

CWSWine 02-28-2016 10:37 PM

How Many Vets On Here
 
I'm retired US Army 20 years 16 days. My retirement has always made my house payment and utilities and give chance to do what ever I wanted. Thanks US Army for being so good to me.

Spent 2 years Vietnam as Helicopter Crew Chief/Door Gunner on UH1, OH6 and OH58 scouts.

Spent the majority of the career as 67W Aircraft Quality Control Supervisor and Aircraft Weight and Balance Tech.

Retire in 1987 and love my time in the service but was happy to get out also.

:signhavefun:

flymhi 02-28-2016 10:39 PM

Thanks for your service!

USAF 87'-92'

dmac1951 02-28-2016 10:44 PM

USN Feb.1970-Dec.1973.
AO3 VA-174 at Cecil Field, FL. VA-86 aboard USS America CVA-66 Viet Nam.

CWSWine 02-28-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flymhi (Post 1115549)
Thanks for your service!

USAF 87'-92'

What was your job in the Air Force - We used you guys a lot in Vietnam and were really thankful you were there for us.

getsum 02-28-2016 10:52 PM

USN currently active duty. Enlisted May 99'. Was a Nuclear Electrican on the Eisenhower, then recruiter for shore duty. Got selected for Seaman to Admiral - 21st century. Now, I'm a Naval Flight Officer on the mighty E-6B Mercury here in Oklahoma. Just finished a 3 year deploying sea tour and headed across the parking lot for shore duty and my twilight tour as a project manager for the new communications suite.

I got back to work tomorrow after taking the past 4 weeks off with leave enroute to my next duty assignment. Bye bye beard in the am.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWSWine 02-28-2016 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsum (Post 1115556)
USN currently active duty. Enlisted May 99'. Was a Nuclear Electrican on the Eisenhower, then recruiter for shore duty. Got selected for Seaman to Admiral - 21st century. Now, I'm a Naval Flight Officer on the mighty E-6B Mercury here in Oklahoma. Just finished a 3 year deploying sea tour and headed across the parking lot for shore duty and my twilight tour as a project manager for the new communications suite.

I got back to work tomorrow after taking the past 4 weeks off with leave enroute to my next duty assignment. Bye bye beard in the am.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, impressive resume! Going to make 20 or going for 30. When I hit 20 years I figured I was working for half pay since I already earn half of as retirement.

Scubanut 02-28-2016 11:05 PM

There is another thread on here called. "Sound Off" there are almost 600 posts on this same subject.


2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73

2012Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)

CaptnJohn 02-28-2016 11:09 PM

Univ SEA 67/68

flymhi 02-28-2016 11:10 PM

I was calibration & repair (PMEL). Extended for a year after my initial 4 year tour and then had the opportunity to work on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. Great experience! Just went to a change-of-command today for a friend who was a Battalion Commander and now is off to War College. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed in for the cause is a noble one. My hat is off to you for making it a career.:trink39:

CWSWine 02-28-2016 11:13 PM

ScubaNut - Don't know it was there one for Vets..

By your user name you must be into scuba. I was on my way to being a tech diver and made though dual sidemount tech coarse, stage diving,intro cave diving, and was getting ready for my trimix coarse when i injured my back last summer and had back surgery. Was training up for some deep dives on WWII wrecks and some Cenotes in Mexico. Now I not sure what I can do but probably not multi tank tech is probably not in my future.

kaulick 02-28-2016 11:16 PM

4 Years active duty USAF 1990-94
Cannon AFB, NM
Osan AB, Korea
March AFB, CA

21 years USAF Reserves 1994-Current
Edwards AFB, CA
March AFB, CA
Peterson AFB, CO
Hickam AFB, HI
Los Angeles AFB, CA
Aviano AB, Italy
and Currently assigned to Hurlburt Field, FL
IMA to the Superintendent AFOSI 9th FIS

Petersb 02-28-2016 11:27 PM

Thanks for your service CWSWINE I served only 2 yrs. One year Vietnam 67/68 fourth inf 2/9th arty.

tkarper14 02-28-2016 11:29 PM

USMC - Infantry 1986 to 1992
Bangor, WA
Kaneohe Bay, HI
Okinawa, Japan
Subic Bay, Philippines
Saudia Arabia/Kuwait

Scubanut 02-28-2016 11:31 PM

How Many Vets On Here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CWSWine (Post 1115572)
ScubaNut - Don't know it was there one for Vets..

By your user name you must be into scuba. I was on my way to being a tech diver and made though dual sidemount tech coarse, stage diving,intro cave diving, and was getting ready for my trimix coarse when i injured my back last summer and had back surgery. Was training up for some deep dives on WWII wrecks and some Cenotes in Mexico. Now I not sure what I can do but probably not multi tank tech is probably not in my future.


I did scuba and downhill ski in the Canadian Rockies but a recent knee injury requiring three surgeries may prevent me from continuing with my recreation. Life changing at age 58 really sucks.

34 years with the Canadian Army

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73

2012Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)

db7512 02-29-2016 07:00 AM

US Army Military Police. 100% DAV. I really enjoyed my service most of the time. 1986 - 1996.

rmac04401 02-29-2016 07:03 AM

USAF. 1984-1988 munitions specialist. SGT Eglin AFB, Lowery AFB, Sembach AB Germany.

getsum 02-29-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWSWine (Post 1115561)
Wow, impressive resume! Going to make 20 or going for 30. When I hit 20 years I figured I was working for half pay since I already earn half of as retirement.


Just doing 20. Family bond has been suffering past few years with the deployments. Rv is set up at a lake about 2.5 hrs away and we did our first night this past Saturday. Marketability at 39 versus 44/45 is quite different. If I decided to stay in for O-4 I'd be at least that old before that commitment would be complete. My heart just isn't in it anymore.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Havercamp 02-29-2016 08:52 AM

USAF - Missile Maintenance Tech - Titan II ICBM
Davis Monthan AFB AZ (SAC)
78-82

Young and stupid, I should of stayed in for 20 and retired at 37.

hammer55 02-29-2016 09:10 AM

US NAVY 1974-78
AME (Environmental Control-Egress)
EA-6B Aircraft

Flight deck trouble shooter
USS Forestal "75" USS Enterprise "76-77"

thank you all for your service,,:us-flag-waving:

shortkid 02-29-2016 10:20 AM

Thanks to all for your service. I was in 1962-1965, army, in transportation (88th Transportation LTK). After discharge, my unit was activated for NAM. Still living down the abuse our generation received upon returning home.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.