Forest River Forums

Forest River Forums (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/)
-   Welcome Mat (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   Newbie from Dallas, TX area (https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/newbie-from-dallas-tx-area-10300.html)

ldmcmahan 01-27-2011 04:14 PM

Newbie from Dallas, TX area

Hi,
My name is Linda and my husband is Rick. We officially became empty nesters a couple of years ago. And after restoring two vintage campers, we decided to take the plunge and buy a new 2011 Flagstaff Super Lite. We are totally in love and wish we had done this a long time ago. LOL! And we're now looking forward to many camping trips in it with the grandkids.. :)

Smokyroo 01-27-2011 04:40 PM

Welcome Linda and Rick. My sister lives in the Allen metroplex, Enjoy your new TT.

ldmcmahan 01-27-2011 04:51 PM

Thanks! My husbands parents lived there for many years. It sure has grown the last few years. :)

Jestercyco 01-27-2011 05:06 PM

Welcome to the best forum around. I have not been here long but, everyone is very friendly and there is alot of good info here. There are lot of people, that you will see, are from around the DFW Area. Enjoy your new digs.
Sammy

Hipshot 01-27-2011 06:23 PM

Welcome from Waco.

EdJunior 01-27-2011 08:29 PM

Welcome from down the road a fur piece. We became empty nesters about 5 years ago. I wouldn't trade the days raising the kids for anything, but this sure is nice. A new chapter in life! Y'all enjoy!

ldmcmahan 01-28-2011 11:33 AM

Thanks everyone for the great welcome. :) We are looking forward to reading though all the posting and learning new things. After being part of groups for vintage campers for many years it is great to find a forum to help us with our new babe. ;)
And Ed, we totally understand. The house gets sooooo quit sometimes, but we are looking before to all the new adventures ahead of us.
Hopefully we will see some of you down the road in the near future. :D

BigDTx 01-28-2011 01:27 PM

Welcome from the Tomaball/Houston Area!

firedaniel 01-30-2011 10:53 PM

Welcome from Ennis here! We are neighbors!

Daniel

ldmcmahan 01-31-2011 02:09 PM

Thanks All! And yep Daniel we sure are. I am glad to see there are alot of people from the DFW area. :)

tmmar 01-31-2011 02:16 PM

Linda and Rick,

:welcomesign: to the forums and congrats on the new camper. Hope you have many fun and trouble free trips with your new rig. The fun that the grand children have going to different places makes it all worthwile.

ldmcmahan 01-31-2011 02:40 PM

Thanks tmmar! :) And you are sooo right, with the grandkids makes it twice as much fun. We can hardly wait to sit out on new adventures with them. It was alot of fun in the vintage campers but we didn't have much room. It was a great experience for them. They did learn alot about vintage camping. But we really are excited about all the room we have in the new camper. :)

HondoPatrick 02-01-2011 06:30 PM

Welcome from Hondo, TX!